TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-13-2014, 09:21 PM   #1
2004raptor

Dukes of Hazzard -S1E2

So, I'm a bit behind on my tv watching ..

But seriously, I was channel flipping the other day and ran across this episode and tried to recapture some of my youth by watching it. This was an episode where Daisy got swindled out of $50 by some music "pirates" or some such. Anyway, the a Duke boys were talking with a guy at some point that was maybe a manager of some country singer, I believe. During the conversation one of them mentioned a country singers name and you could plainly tell they dubbed a VoiceOver and said Loretta Lynn. Later one of the pirates also said another name but again a dubbed voice said Loretta Lynn.

Yes, this is an obscure question but I wonder whose name they really said and why the voice over??
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 07:36 AM   #2
Donbadabon
Geocacher

I can make it out either. I made a quick grab of it though:

Daisy's Song

Later on Daisy is dubbed saying Jessi Colter and Loretta Lynn when she is in the managers apartment.

I guess they had other artists lined up when they filmed it, and then those artists didn't want to be associated with piracy so they backed out. But who knows. Maybe at the next Hazzard get-together at Cooter's in Virginia someone could ask her. lol

Last edited by Donbadabon : 01-14-2014 at 07:43 AM.
Donbadabon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 11:39 AM   #3
nickels
opinionated dope

Here you go...
http://www.tv.com/shows/dukes-of-haz...ys-song-79690/
Quote:
There are several noticeable cases of post-production dubbing in this episode, when various country performers are mentioned. This is noticeable in the scene with Jessi Colter's manager; when Daisy plays Starr the various recordings, and in the final scene. Presumably this was adjusted as the rights to the various snippets of accompanying music were secured. Judging by the manager's lips as he talks, it looks like when he says "Loretta Lynn", he originally said "Tammy Wynette".

Old 01-14-2014, 02:41 PM   #4
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Wow. The internet does have an answer for everything.

So, did you recapture your youth? I find that when I try, I can't make it through more than five minutes because it's SO hokey.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
sushikitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM   #5
2004raptor

Wow, thanks for all the help.

Oh, it was definitely hockey but I watched waaaay more than 5 minutes. Not considering setting up a recording but it was kinda neat to see it after all these years.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 08:11 PM   #6
SoupMan

My wife and I watched most of an episode this past Friday on CMT. It was way hokey, but we enjoyed it. Don't think I'd do a marathon of the DVDs or set up a season pass for re-runs, but it was a fun half hour or so. It was the episode where some long lost cousin or something was running against Boss Hogg in an election.
Old 01-14-2014, 09:28 PM   #7
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Just wait until you watch "Enos"

jsmeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2014, 07:07 AM   #8
jakerock
Hey ho howdy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Wow, thanks for all the help.

Oh, it was definitely hockey but I watched waaaay more than 5 minutes. Not considering setting up a recording but it was kinda neat to see it after all these years.
I don't remember anything hockey about Dukes of Hazard. Heck I don't think they ever had snow, never mind ice.