TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-10-2014, 11:23 AM   #1
ilovedvrs

Changing channel lineups - From antenna to cable

Comcast had a really good deal that makes my internet cheaper + adds TV and HBO for a year.

I have had antenna since S3 first came out. Now I am switch to a cable card on my Roamio.

My comcast is all setup and I have deleted all the SD channels. I have 15 HD channels and HBO...

Now all my season passes were on channels 2.1 5.1 now switch to 801 and 802...

Will my seasons passes update to the new channels or do I have recreate everything? thanks!
Old 01-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #2
tsheley

I just did this on Charter and most everything changed automatically. It seems to be based off of the station name. So for me I had a different NBC station on antenna than what is on cable so for that one I had to recreate it but for everything else it just switched.
tsheley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:06 PM   #3
mattack

While unfortunately Tivos are getting buggier over time (yes, I think the S1 is less buggy than current Tivos, though it too had a few bugs)... I also think it's a shame that people DON'T expect stuff like this to "just work"...

It does, for the most part, "just work". I only leave in the weasely "most part" because I think some may have minor issues.. but for many of us, yes, we have switched providers, added/removed cable cards, etc., and it just does what one expects to work!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 11:56 PM   #4
rainwater

It use to be that the channel number didn't update when re-running guided setup and switching from OTA to cable. But it would always move the season passes correctly to the cable lineup provided the channel name (and id) is the same. Just check your todo list after running guided setup and you should see the changes reflected.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote