TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-26-2014, 11:31 PM   #1
grey ghost

Received a mini as a gift from my husband

How do I change the Mini over to my Tivo account, because the rest of the Tivos are linked to that account. He bought the Mini from Tivo, so I'm guessing they set up a Tivo account in his name, but he has no idea what it is. I'm guessing it's in his name because I haven't been able to set it up yet, waiting for the new TV it goes with.

It would be much easier to manage if they were all tied to my account and I know there has to be a simple way to do it, just don't know what that might be. I was hoping I could do that in advance

grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 12:43 AM   #2
joysbox
Happy Happy Joy Joy

My hubby did the same thing. I called customer service and they transferred it right over to my account

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
How do I change the Mini over to my Tivo account, because the rest of the Tivos are linked to that account. He bought the Mini from Tivo, so I'm guessing they set up a Tivo account in his name, but he has no idea what it is. I'm guessing it's in his name because I haven't been able to set it up yet, waiting for the new TV it goes with.

It would be much easier to manage if they were all tied to my account and I know there has to be a simple way to do it, just don't know what that might be. I was hoping I could do that in advance

Series 3 cable card with lifetime
Series 4 Premiere monthly
Series 5 Plus lifetime
joysbox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:19 AM   #3
kdmorse

Yah, you're going to have to call them. And you're probably going to need the credentials of the current owner (ie, your husband) to complete the process.

kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 02:35 AM   #4
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by joysbox View Post
My hubby did the same thing. I called customer service and they transferred it right over to my account
Excellent!! Had you activated the Mini before or after you called them? I'm just worried about the Lifetime subscription on it.

Last edited by grey ghost; 12-27-2014 at 03:20 AM.
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 03:16 AM   #5
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
If he bought it from TiVo it's already activated, that's why you need to call. You can't set it up until it's linked to your account.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2014, 10:51 PM   #6
joysbox
Happy Happy Joy Joy

he had it activated before - like Dec. 17th. Tivo did not need to talk with hubby. We have the same home address and that usually means that they live with you

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
Excellent!! Had you activated the Mini before or after you called them? I'm just worried about the Lifetime subscription on it.

Series 3 cable card with lifetime
Series 4 Premiere monthly
Series 5 Plus lifetime
joysbox is offline   Reply With Quote