TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2014, 06:45 PM   #1
Keen

Lifetime MSD issue

I currently have an S3 with lifetime, which I paid full price for. I just bought a Roamio, and want to buy lifetime for it. However, I'll soon be selling off the S3, which will remove it from my account.

I want to buy a non-MSD lifetime for my Roamio, and use the PLSR code to get the same $100 off that I get from the MSD. However, it seems like Tivo's system won't allow this. When I try to activate online, there's no non-MSD option. And calling them resulted in the same no-go.

Is there some way to accomplish this? I want a non-MSD on my Roamio so that it saves me issues down the line if/when I buy another TiVo or some Minis and want to get those activated.
Keen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen View Post
I currently have an S3 with lifetime, which I paid full price for. I just bought a Roamio, and want to buy lifetime for it. However, I'll soon be selling off the S3, which will remove it from my account.

I want to buy a non-MSD lifetime for my Roamio, and use the PLSR code to get the same $100 off that I get from the MSD. However, it seems like Tivo's system won't allow this. When I try to activate online, there's no non-MSD option. And calling them resulted in the same no-go.

Is there some way to accomplish this? I want a non-MSD on my Roamio so that it saves me issues down the line if/when I buy another TiVo or some Minis and want to get those activated.
Selling the S3 will not remove it from your account.

The new owner transferring it to their account will remove it from yours, of course.

Sounds like what you need to do is specifically tell TiVo to remove the S3 from your account now (tell them you sold it if you have to), then buy the non-MSD lifetime for the new TiVo.

Then if you need both TiVos running on the same network for a while to transfer some shows or something, tell 'em the buyer returned it to you and cancelled the sale and that you need it added back to your account.

Then when you really sell it, tell them you found a different buyer.

Are you anticipating using the Roamio as an MSD anchor down the road?

(and are you sure they'll honor the PLSR code when you lifetime it?)

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:45 PM   #3
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

The solution is very simple
Use another email address to start a new account on tivo.com and subscribe the Roamio on that account at full price and then, if it matters, you can transfer it to the existing account.
Old 01-04-2014, 09:19 PM   #4
Keen

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post
The solution is very simple
Use another email address to start a new account on tivo.com and subscribe the Roamio on that account at full price and then, if it matters, you can transfer it to the existing account.
Brilliant. Thanks much!
Keen is offline   Reply With Quote