TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-04-2014, 07:07 PM   #1
KCAC

Anyway to Quickly Use a Mini?

I have the big Roamio and 1 Mini hooked up with MoCA using Fios, that work fine. Today, I added a 2nd Mini to our guest room since we had some unexpected guests with a kid who I want to watch TV in the guest room. I did the on line activation and it asked me to name the Mini, which I did but did not write down exactly but included the word "guest". Now I have completed the TV hookup and it did the latest software upgrade which seemed to go fine and now it asked me to name the device again on the TV screen and I just picked "guest" from the default menu and now it is saying it cannot find a compatible DVR and when I go to my TiVo account I can see the guest room mini is added but it says "processing check back in 24 hours". Is there anyway to get this working tonight or does it actually take 24 hours to activate an added mini?

Thanks,
KCAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:49 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You can try forcing a few Tivo Service Connections. Don't forget to force connections on the other Tivos on your account/network. The other Tivos need to connect to acknowledge the new addition.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
KCAC

Thanks, it worked!

Thanks, that did it almost instantly. It took me a minute to figure out what you were saying, as I am somewhat of a newbie. In case other newbies want more details.....What I did was go to my Roamio and select settings & messages, then settings and then network and then click on "connect to the Tivo Service now" and it goes through the various steps to reconnect.

I then went to the new Mini TV and saw it had unlocked the screen and I could see the TiVo Central menu and when clicking on "My Shows", it now showed my Roamio's stored content...however, I could not access the recordings nor even access live TV and it gave me some message about my account not yet being properly set up. I then did the same steps as listed above on the added mini TV and once it processed through the steps...it worked perfectly...

Thanks, it allowed us to watch NFL on our main TV and the visiting kid to watch whatever he wanted from the guest room.
KCAC is offline   Reply With Quote