TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-28-2016, 11:34 AM   #1
Red NSX

Warranty replacement unit missing functions

I got a warranty replacement unit from TiVo to replace my Roamio that had no hdmi output and the new unit is missing functions. I have been trying to get Tivo to resolve the issues with no avail. It is running 20.5.6. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. Problems are:

1 Tivo online "one pass Manager" button doesn't show the new replacement TiVo. Still shows the old unit.
2. I Can't program the remote. When I go to entry #1 to program TV - channel & volume. It doesn't display any TV manufacturers and/or models.
3. Energy saving options don't show up. When selecting settings/standby it immediately shuts TiVo off. No settings exist that my old unit had.

There are probably other features that don't work either, I've been on vacation and haven't had time check. I was hoping that while I was gone I would have gotten a firmware update, which is probably the problem. But nothing.

Any ideas how to get they to step up support?

Red NSX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 11:50 AM   #2
ajwees41

sounds like another broken unit. can you try clear and delete?

ajwees41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 12:08 PM   #3
Jed1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red NSX View Post
I got a warranty replacement unit from TiVo to replace my Roamio that had no hdmi output and the new unit is missing functions. I have been trying to get Tivo to resolve the issues with no avail. It is running 20.5.6. This has been going on for 3 weeks now. Problems are:

1 Tivo online "one pass Manager" button doesn't show the new replacement TiVo. Still shows the old unit.
2. I Can't program the remote. When I go to entry #1 to program TV - channel & volume. It doesn't display any TV manufacturers and/or models.
3. Energy saving options don't show up. When selecting settings/standby it immediately shuts TiVo off. No settings exist that my old unit had.

There are probably other features that don't work either, I've been on vacation and haven't had time check. I was hoping that while I was gone I would have gotten a firmware update, which is probably the problem. But nothing.

Any ideas how to get they to step up support?
First you have the most current firmware as 20.5.9 has not been released yet. The current firmware is 20.5.6RC21.

Second log into your account at TiVo.com and see if this new box is on your account and the old one is removed. If not then you need to contact Support to get this straightened out. You can not go any further until this is corrected. This is not the same as TiVo Online.
If you want you can try rerunning guided setup to see if that helps. If it doesn't then do the clear and delete everything. If that doesn't help it is back to TiVo Support and see if you can get moved up to advanced support.

One issue with TiVo Online is if you named your new DVR the same as your old one. This will cause issues. Name your new DVR to the last 4 digits of your TSN.
In my shows go to devices and see if it shows your old unit. If it does try accessing it and see if you get asked if you own this DVR anymore. Answer no to the question. It will take a while to get rid of your old DVR on TiVo Online. Once it disappears then you can rename your DVR to something else.