TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-02-2014, 09:14 AM   #1
JonM in MN

Need to `enable' adding apps?

Haven't had the Opera Store show up on my Roamio yet, and am confused about this `enable apps' menu option, it's asking me to add an IP address?

I don't need to do that to get the Opera Store, right? Should I bother with this or just wait til it comes on my box by itself?
JonM in MN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:23 AM   #2
jrtroo
User

It will show up on its own. No need to touch that menu item.

Rebooting, connecting to Tivo, and restarting the UI can all help get it quicker if Tivo is scheduled to update you. But, if you are not yet in the rollout cue yet these would do nothing.

Opera is not really all that great. It is what it can become that excites the folks here.
Old 01-02-2014, 09:28 AM   #3
tatergator1

The enable apps link is related to Tivo's old HME (Home Media Engine) and is for "home-made" apps (for lack of a better term).

The Opera Store will show up separately from that and is not related. Tivo seems to have control via their servers over what apps show up on which Tivo's. Tivo just recently enabled the Opera store for most Premieres with 20.3.8 software. Not sure about the Roamios

You could also try to reboot the HDUI to get the Opera Store to show up by pressing:

Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play

No guarantee you'll have it after this, but if not, Tivo hasn't "authorized" your Tivo for it yet.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
JonM in MN

Thanks guys. As I've been setting up the Roamio with two minis and gone from MoCa to Ethernet, I've rebooted the Roamio quite a few times and forced calls too, any need to do more? Is rebooting the HDUI different than restarting from the help menu??
Old 01-02-2014, 09:33 AM   #5
Ky_Shag
Shaggy Dog

Thumbs Down, Thumbs Up, Play, Play<<< while in TiVo central
Ky_Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #6
tatergator1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM in MN View Post
Is rebooting the HDUI different than restarting from the help menu??
Rebooting the HDUI is simply closing and restarting the HDUI program on the Tivo, whereas you're restarting the whole box from the Help menu. Since you've been restarting so much from setup/configuration changes, the HDUI reboot is very unlikely to bring up the Opera Store, you'll just have to wait until Tivo authorizes the your box for the store. They seem to be doing a staged roll-out to ensure there aren't any major issues.
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 09:54 AM   #7
JonM in MN

Gotcha, and thanks to all. This was the last thing on my list to investigate, everything is now up and working well. Really enjoying the experience so far.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:22 PM   #8
59er
TiVotee

FYI, even though I was on the software update priority list and got that weeks ago, I didn't get the new netflix and the Opera Store until New Year's Eve.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote