TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-05-2014, 09:56 AM   #1
DonnieZ

TiVo App Streaming freeze?

Anyone else having issues with streaming using the TiVo app on the iPad freezing mid-stream?

I've got a Comcast cable connection both at home and at work. Sometimes at lunch I'll fire up a stream. I can watch for maybe 10 minutes before the stream will just freeze. No amount of backing up, fowarding, etc.. will bring it back. I can exit the stream and start watching again immediately from where it picked up.

Bandwidth isn't an issue, nor is connection stability. The picture is the highest
quality, and it never stutters or loses quality.

Any ideas?
DonnieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
tbreyman

I have the same problem, even when I am streaming from home. Normally happens early in the program. However, once I close and restart, I typically don't have anymore problems.

Annoying.

TB
tbreyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #3
Dan203
Super Moderator

I've had this happen many times. I thought maybe the recent software update fixed it, because it didn't happen for a few days, but last night it happened again.

I never had this problem until iOS7. Not sure if iOS7 itself caused it or the update TiVo released at the same time, but I used it for over a year before that and never had that problem. Now I have it all the time.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2014, 06:41 PM   #4
DonnieZ

Seems when I first got my Roamio about 3 weeks ago it worked fine for about the first week. Then after that it's been problematic.

I'm going to try rebooting the Roamio maybe tonight, if not this weekend and see if that helps matters any.
DonnieZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 08:57 PM   #5
Ziggie

We can't even get the iPad to correctly sync up with the PRO I tried it once with my iPhone, and I was able to see about 3 minutes of a recorded show (before I turned it off).

I wish we could figure out how to connect the iPad correctly.

TiVo is the boss of me ~ Member of the TiVo family since 2003

Ziggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 PM   #6
mattack

I download way more often than stream, mostly because of issues like this.. (though there are other issues with downloading too -- e.g. it thinks the show is 'finished' in the middle of it, etc..)
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote