TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-01-2014, 01:03 PM   #1
kylelauren

Can't get most channels on new Tivo Roamio - no one seems to know why

We just got a brand new Tivo Roamio Pro for Christmas. Went through the whole process of setting up the cable card and tuning adapter and no matter what we do, we can't get any channels past 25 or so. We have called Time Warner, we have called Tivo, we have called the cable card hotline and everyone claims that what they're seeing on their end is that it "should" be working. We get a V58 message on almost every channel.

I've tried downgrading it to 4 tuners, I've restarted everything, re-run the setup of everything and I am at my wit's end!

Any other ideas? They are sending a technician out on Friday, but every time I ever get a technician from Time Warner, they have no idea what they're doing anyway...
kylelauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:10 PM   #2
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by kylelauren View Post
We just got a brand new Tivo Roamio Pro for Christmas. Went through the whole process of setting up the cable card and tuning adapter and no matter what we do, we can't get any channels past 25 or so. We have called Time Warner, we have called Tivo, we have called the cable card hotline and everyone claims that what they're seeing on their end is that it "should" be working. We get a V58 message on almost every channel.

I've tried downgrading it to 4 tuners, I've restarted everything, re-run the setup of everything and I am at my wit's end!

Any other ideas? They are sending a technician out on Friday, but every time I ever get a technician from Time Warner, they have no idea what they're doing anyway...
Sounds like your cablecard doesn't have all the appropriate codes (for your subscribed channel packages) loaded on the OCUR device. I had this too when I first got setup. You may need to talk to tier 2 support if the normal customer service rep isn't able to fix it for you.
jwbelcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:12 PM   #3
rainwater

Do you have a Motorola cablecard? If so, what does the Conditional Access screen say on the "Con" line?

Also, is the light solid on your tuning adapter showing it is connected?
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
kylelauren

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
Sounds like your cablecard doesn't have all the appropriate codes (for your subscribed channel packages) loaded on the OCUR device. I had this too when I first got setup. You may need to talk to tier 2 support if the normal customer service rep isn't able to fix it for you.
Is there a special way to get them to connect me to tier 2 support? (Time Warner Tier 2 or TiVo?) Thus far, I haven't been connected with anyone who has experience.

My CableCard is a Cisco, and yes the light on the tuning adapter is solid green.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:26 PM   #5
tatergator1

Did you have TWC cable boxes before? Did/do all channels come through on a TWC cable box? Do you have another coax outlet you could temporarily move the Roamio to troubleshoot potential cabling issues at your current install location?
tatergator1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:31 PM   #6
jwbelcher

Quote:
Is there a special way to get them to connect me to tier 2 support? (Time Warner Tier 2 or TiVo?) Thus far, I haven't been connected with anyone who has experience.

My CableCard is a Cisco, and yes the light on the tuning adapter is solid green.
I'm not on TWC, but this post has their CC hotline

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=476147
Old 01-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #7
rainwater

Quote:
Sounds like your cablecard is not paired. On the CP Info screen do you see "Auth Status: CP Auth Received"?
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #8
ADG
Allan

I agree it sounds like a cable card issue. I'd suggest retuning it and getting a different card and then go through the pairing process again.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:11 PM   #9
jwbelcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADG View Post
I agree it sounds like a cable card issue. I'd suggest retuning it and getting a different card and then go through the pairing process again.
Maybe - depends on who you get when swapping it out. My card wasn't added to my account properly at the local office pickup and then I spent 3-4 hours on the phone until getting someone that could fix it. Often tier 1 will give up and dump you to a truck roll (which doesn't solve anything). If you return it, the next one might get added properly (which maybe faster in the long run).

Like the previous poster mentioned - your card needs paired properly too. Normally you'll get a popup indicating its not paired / authorized on encrypted channels.

However, you'll get clear QAM w/o pairing (not encrypted / locals only) on TWC. It may explain why you didn't get any channels past 25 to work for you.
Old 01-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #10
kylelauren

Thanks everyone! It wasn't paired properly. My fiance swears up and down that he completed that step yesterday with the CC hotline, but the CC hotline rep I spoke to today said that it either didn't work or wasn't done. WHEW. The headache is finally over!
Old 01-02-2014, 09:41 AM   #11
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Good to hear it was only a cable card issue.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote