TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-28-2013, 03:38 PM   #1
dkarius

Arrow Lost cable signal

I have a Roamio connected to Time Warner cable using a multi-stream cable card and a Cisco tuning card. This is the second time while traveling that after a few days Tivo looses the cable signal and no longer is able to record a show. I can see and communicate with Tivo and can stream shows that have been recorded before the signal loss. This happens whether I am home or away and is fixed by rebooting the Tivo. My suggestion to Tivo is to make a reboot available on or off site via a remote command to the Tivo unit. Any other suggestions would be appreciated. This has been a issue with other Tivo models but is really a problem with the streaming ability with its new generation.
dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 04:28 PM   #2
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkarius View Post
... multi-stream cable card and a Cisco tuning card...
Is that the same as an M cable card inside the TiVo and a Tuning Adapter outside the TiVo that lets you get Switched Digital Video channels?

Read this thead

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...d.php?t=472857

until you get to the part where people are putting their TAs on lamp timers to force them to reboot in the wee hours of the morning.

Because I suspect that's where your problem really is, is the TA screwing up.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 07:32 PM   #3
dkarius

Yes to M cable card and Tuning adapter outside. sounds like it is a TA problem. when I get home I will try just restarting the TA without rebooting the Tivo first. I can do the digital lamp switch if that works but if Tivo would allow an outside reboot that would be best, since the TA problem seems to be beyond what Tivo can deal with. Is anyone else recording air? Maybe I should try getting a new Tuning Adapter.

Last edited by dkarius : 12-29-2013 at 07:39 PM.
dkarius is offline   Reply With Quote