TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-28-2013, 05:18 PM   #1
RusRus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 164
Tivo HD Truncated Backup

How large or what size should my truncated copy of my Tivo HD be?
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRus View Post
How large or what size should my truncated copy of my Tivo HD be?
It varies.

The smallest one I've got is about 320MB.

That's a 648 with everything cleared and deleted so that it starts in Guided Setup.

The largest is about 550MB.

That's a 652 that's already set up for my ZIP code, cable company, OTA channels, etc.

If I had digital cable it'd probably be more, and if I had a bunch of season passes or thumb settings it'd probably be more.

If you wanted to do both the .bak and .tbk versions, I wouldn't count on both fitting on a cd-r.
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:17 PM   #3
RusRus
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Chula Vista, CA
Posts: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
It varies.

The smallest one I've got is about 320MB.

That's a 648 with everything cleared and deleted so that it starts in Guided Setup.

The largest is about 550MB.

That's a 652 that's already set up for my ZIP code, cable company, OTA channels, etc.

If I had digital cable it'd probably be more, and if I had a bunch of season passes or thumb settings it'd probably be more.


If you wanted to do both the .bak and .tbk versions, I wouldn't count on both fitting on a cd-r.
Mine is .tbk and 440mb so it seems normal. Thanks.
RusRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #4
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,432
Quote:
Originally Posted by RusRus View Post
Mine is .tbk and 440mb so it seems normal. Thanks.
Sounds about right.
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:47 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |