TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-26-2013, 10:53 AM   #1
azenigma

Cox Phoenix Issues with HBO and FXX

Just setup a new Roamio Plus, and for the most part it is working well. However I receive a black screen (no error) when I try to tune to 1204 (HBO Comedy Pacific) or 1167 (FXX). Is anyone able to receive these on their Roamio in Phoenix? All other HBO's and other premiums work fine.

Also another odd thing I have noticed is when I tune to 1134 (Cooking Chn) the Tivo switches to 720 even though I have 1080i set as the only available resolution. This causes the menus to change resolution and look pretty bad on my tv.
azenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 11:56 AM   #2
rmpearl

I have a Premiere XL4 (will soon be upgrading to the Roamio Plus) and have the same issue with 1167 (FXX) with Cox in Phoenix. I have to tune to the FXX channel available in the 1300s (I believe it is 1331). I haven't noticed issues with 1204 but will try to take a look when I get home tonight to give you a reference point.

How long have you had your Roamio? Are you having any other issues with your Cox service in Phoenix?
rmpearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #3
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Your cable card may not have been properly paired to get the blank screens.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:21 PM   #4
azenigma

Have had the roamio for about a week now...no other issues.

I had cox unpair and repair the card today...still the same issue with those two chnls. All others working.

I notice in DVD diagnostics it shows an error: wrong ta state.
azenigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenigma View Post
Just setup a new Roamio Plus, and for the most part it is working well. However I receive a black screen (no error) when I try to tune to 1204 (HBO Comedy Pacific) or 1167 (FXX). Is anyone able to receive these on their Roamio in Phoenix? All other HBO's and other premiums work fine.
1204 - HBO Comedy HD was discontinued by Cox for everyone:
http://ww2.cox.com/residential/suppo...4-000000000000

1134 - FXXHD does not really exist (Yet), but it may soon, if Cox moves it to the Variety Pak as expected.

FXXHD is currently on Ch. 1339 and you need the Sports & Info Pak to receive it.

1145 - GSNHD does not yet exist either, maybe soon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by azenigma View Post
Also another odd thing I have noticed is when I tune to 1134 (Cooking Chn) the Tivo switches to 720 even though I have 1080i set as the only available resolution. This causes the menus to change resolution and look pretty bad on my tv.
You "might" be seeing the change from MPEG2 to MPEG4/H.264 with this issue. 1134 - CookingHD is MPEG4/H.264
Although my menus do not look any different between the two, the screen does flicker when changing from an MPEG2 to an H.264 channel.

EDIT: There must be some issue specific to the feed on 1134 - CookingHD, as it is the only H.264 channel that makes my TVs flicker when tuning to, all other H.264 channels tune in fine with no screen flash.

I checked my Premieres and Minis and they do not make the screen flash on 1134 - COOKHD, so it is only my Roamio Pro.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CoxInPHX : 12-27-2013 at 03:15 AM.
CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote