TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-24-2013, 04:59 PM   #1
simon7

Refurb replacement w/in 30 days?

After nearly a month of intermittent troubles, I've given up on my current Roamio box and asked Tivo for a replacement. After going through all the hoops, they eventually agreed to replace it, but said they would send a refurbished box.

I told them that I was still within the 30 day return window and I wanted a NEW replacement box. They said "okay," they can send a new one, but that it will still be just the bare box, not in the original retail packaging (no cables, remote, etc.).

I feel like they just "yes'ed" me and are sending a refurb anyway. Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge about this?

(Certainly if I had purchased from BestBuy instead of direct from Tivo, I could have walked into the store and exchanged for a new retail box. Maybe I should have fully returned my unit, and repurchased later.)
simon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 08:27 PM   #2
ltxi

TiVo has always reserved the right to replace with refurbs. Could be the cs rep was lying/pacifying, could be he/she was accepting and being honest, and could be you get arefurb anyway.

I don't buy direct from TiVo, though I have in the past. Avoiding 30 day issues like this is why god invented Amazon. Paid off for me during this generational upgrade when a Roamaio Plus went wonky a few days otb. Had a new replacement in hand less than three days after diagnosis....with no shipping cost issues either.
ltxi is offline   Reply With Quote