TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-24-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
acidscan

V53 on TBSHD

Does anybody else get this error on TBS ?

I'm on COMCAST, Miami and I have a Roamio Plus. I'm using a CableCard that was installed on a previous Tivo with no issue at all. After transferring and activating the card on the new Tivo all channels work as expected except TBSHD (421). You can watch this channel sometimes, but when it returns from commercial breaks the screen goes blank and the v53 error appears.

I've tried changing channels, changing to a SD channel and back and nothing. The problem autocorrects itself after a while as long as the channel is not tuned. When you start watching the channel again after a whiles it does it again.

Any suggestions ?

(I have tried with two different Tivo boxes, and two different CableCards, same result)

Thanks !
acidscan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 10:32 PM   #2
simon7

If your signal-to-noise ratio is in the high 30s or above for that channel, Tivo would probably tell you that your signal is too strong and you need to attenuate the coax line. The SNR can be a little different on different channels, so maybe TBSHD is the only one just over the unacceptable limit.

Personally, I find it kind of pathetic that strong residential coax signals overwhelm the Tivo and cause it to lose channels, but that is what Tivo is telling lots of folks.

Check your SNR, and if it is high try adding a bit of attenuation to around 35db. Maybe that fixes it, maybe not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acidscan View Post
Does anybody else get this error on TBS ?

I'm on COMCAST, Miami and I have a Roamio Plus. I'm using a CableCard that was installed on a previous Tivo with no issue at all. After transferring and activating the card on the new Tivo all channels work as expected except TBSHD (421). You can watch this channel sometimes, but when it returns from commercial breaks the screen goes blank and the v53 error appears.

I've tried changing channels, changing to a SD channel and back and nothing. The problem autocorrects itself after a while as long as the channel is not tuned. When you start watching the channel again after a whiles it does it again.

Any suggestions ?

(I have tried with two different Tivo boxes, and two different CableCards, same result)

Thanks !

simon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
acidscan

I have tried with multiple configurations: the SNR at 38, at 35, at 30 and always the result is the same. I think if I lower it more other kind of problems will appear, like pixelation.

I'm really frustrated at this point...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon7 View Post
If your signal-to-noise ratio is in the high 30s or above for that channel, Tivo would probably tell you that your signal is too strong and you need to attenuate the coax line. The SNR can be a little different on different channels, so maybe TBSHD is the only one just over the unacceptable limit.

Personally, I find it kind of pathetic that strong residential coax signals overwhelm the Tivo and cause it to lose channels, but that is what Tivo is telling lots of folks.

Check your SNR, and if it is high try adding a bit of attenuation to around 35db. Maybe that fixes it, maybe not.

acidscan is offline   Reply With Quote