Originally Posted by mnb
Hopefully the new CEO will:
- fast track converting the rest of the UI to HD. It's been over 5 years, folks...
- work with cable and cablecard companies to make getting a damn picture more reliable.
I suddenly lose a bunch of channels every few months. Usually the premium HDs nearly
all vanish and some key basic and extended basic HD channels.
- improve the speed of interface navigation
- fix the audio drop outs when navigating. eg: If there's a preview window and you hit LiveTV, it shoudl be seamless.
- Ditch that stupid Bolt box.
- stop keeping software features locked to new hardware only. These things aren't cheap
Most of the UI is HD on the Bolt. with the exception of a few complex settings sections.
I've been a TiVo user for 15+ years and I've never lost channels. Whatever is causing that must be specific to your setup.
The UI on the Bolt and Roamio are as fast as I can press the buttons. Only the Premiere is slow with the UI.
I don't use the preview window but from what I understand the audio glitch is barely perceptible on the Bolt.
The only feature that's exclusive to the Bolt is SkipMode. Everything else has been ported all the way back to the Premiere which is 5+ years old now.