TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-17-2015, 03:12 PM   #1
drebbe
Carbon Blob

TiVo Says Rogers to Leave as CEO Jan. 31

http://investor.tivo.com/phoenix.zht...cle&ID=2113325

drebbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 03:57 PM   #2
caughey

It says he'll be staying on as Chairman of the Board.

I can't decide if this is a back-handed compliment:
Quote:
...said Mr. Moloney. "We thank Tom for his countless contributions to TiVo during his time as CEO and president. The Board believes that these accomplishments aren't fully reflected in TiVo's stock price."

caughey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 04:21 PM   #3
mnb

Hopefully the new CEO will:

- fast track converting the rest of the UI to HD. It's been over 5 years, folks...
- work with cable and cablecard companies to make getting a damn picture more reliable.
I suddenly lose a bunch of channels every few months. Usually the premium HDs nearly
all vanish and some key basic and extended basic HD channels.
- improve the speed of interface navigation
- fix the audio drop outs when navigating. eg: If there's a preview window and you hit LiveTV, it shoudl be seamless.
- Ditch that stupid Bolt box.
- stop keeping software features locked to new hardware only. These things aren't cheap

mnb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 01:40 PM   #4
Dan203
Super Moderator

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnb View Post
Hopefully the new CEO will:

- fast track converting the rest of the UI to HD. It's been over 5 years, folks...
- work with cable and cablecard companies to make getting a damn picture more reliable.
I suddenly lose a bunch of channels every few months. Usually the premium HDs nearly
all vanish and some key basic and extended basic HD channels.
- improve the speed of interface navigation
- fix the audio drop outs when navigating. eg: If there's a preview window and you hit LiveTV, it shoudl be seamless.
- Ditch that stupid Bolt box.
- stop keeping software features locked to new hardware only. These things aren't cheap
Most of the UI is HD on the Bolt. with the exception of a few complex settings sections.

I've been a TiVo user for 15+ years and I've never lost channels. Whatever is causing that must be specific to your setup.

The UI on the Bolt and Roamio are as fast as I can press the buttons. Only the Premiere is slow with the UI.

I don't use the preview window but from what I understand the audio glitch is barely perceptible on the Bolt.

The only feature that's exclusive to the Bolt is SkipMode. Everything else has been ported all the way back to the Premiere which is 5+ years old now.

Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:38 PM   #5
JoeKustra
Cable only

The stock price for TiVo has been climbing since the news. Perhaps it will drop when their earnings come out tomorrow.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tivo-t...144002681.html

JoeKustra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2015, 02:43 PM   #6
Wil
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeKustra View Post
The stock price for TiVo has been climbing since the news. Perhaps it will drop when their earnings come out tomorrow.
Getting rid of Rogers probably trumps just about any bad financial news. But it's far, far too late, and truth be known the potential had just about dissipated even at the point he took over.

Wil is offline   Reply With Quote