TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2013, 10:38 PM   #1
rocket777

Exclamation hulu says network connection issue

I just signed up for the hulu plus 2 week trial.

Every show I try to watch gives me a dialog box with "We're sorry.... network issue...."

Is is just me? I know my network is working since I can use youtube etc. and it's all over the same IP that I'm using to post this message.
rocket777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:05 PM   #2
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Hulu is working here in Phoenix.

I find Hulu so frustrating though, it often does not work very well, and the loading transitions between segments and commercials is very painfully slow. And don't get me started on the navigation....

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #3
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

seems to be working fine on my Tivo tonight...

have you tried accessing it through alternate devices?

If you've only seen the issue with your tivo, have you Rebooted it?
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:59 AM   #4
rocket777

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by lgnad View Post
seems to be working fine on my Tivo tonight...

have you tried accessing it through alternate devices?

If you've only seen the issue with your tivo, have you Rebooted it?
I've got 3 computers, with several OS's and each can get to huluplus just fine, though with different performance. Ironically, the best one is winxp, with ubuntu second best and win7 the worst (even though it's on the fastest processor with the fastest video card).

Just rebooted, no change. This time it even knew I was watching a show (from a computer) and asked if I wanted to resume it. Same error.

So, only the tivo won't work. BTW, I've got a 4 tuner roamio using OTA setup.

The overall experience pretty much sux as you cannot skip commercials, at least in flash player. I doubt I'll pay for it. The only way would be if the tivo worked for me and had a way to skip the commercials.
Old 12-19-2013, 07:52 PM   #5
rocket777

Smile [solved] firewall was blocking ports above 1024

got it going. I have 2 routers, wifi and a vonage router. The vonage router had a fire wall setting to block tcp ports above 1024.

Still no way to avoid ads, but picture and sound come in clean.

edit: It appears that the tivo uses port tcp/1935 for content, but not for ads. If I block this port, the ads still come through, but no content. This must be a tivo specific implementation as the port blocking does not affect the other computers.

Last edited by rocket777 : 12-20-2013 at 01:13 AM. Reason: more specific port info
Old 12-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #6
lgnad
Pantless Mofo

Congrats!

Yeah, the ads are irritating...

I got a (long dead)deal, a bunch of months free that got me started and now I keep paying for it, though my use is limited... One of these days I might give it the boot
-Stream (Gotta go unplug the sucker one of these days!)
lgnad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2013, 01:06 AM   #7
djdanska

Hulu has been doing that since it originally launched on TiVo on my receivers. The new roamio model is better but still.. It's a big reason I got a Chromecast.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
djdanska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #8
gsusser

I've tried Hulu several times with TiVo and always end up canceling. I want so much to like them and use them, but on my TV, not another device. I tried it again today and nothing seems to have changed. I find the interface with TiVo unfriendly, sluggishness all around, freezing, unwanted ads that I've grown accustomed to hitting the skip button but can't with Hulu and difficulty in navigating the site. So, once again I think I'll cancel.
gsusser is offline   Reply With Quote