Originally Posted by cheesesteak
This was one of those low key shows that I really liked. I'm glad HBO stuck with it even though it wasn't that popular.
There was a big cast, some of whom connected with me more than others. Antoine and his family and the kids in the band, Chief Lambreax and his son, LaDonna and her family, Janet Desautel, Toni Collette. Those were the characters I cared for the most.
It took me a while to warm to Davis. I hated him the first season but as the seasons went by, I grew to like his character more.
I never really grew to like Annie Tee. She just never seemed to fit into the rest of the show to me. Maybe it's because she started the show with Sonny whom I loathed for every second of his screen time. Then she was attached to Davis as one of the world's most mind bendingly bizarre couples and I've been ambivalent about his character. She was so miserable this final season that I couldn't wait until her scenes were over.
Terry the cop never really grabbed me but I liked him with Toni. But then he just bailed on her when he resigned and I thought "You jerk!"
I kinda liked Nelson Hildago but to paraphrase something his character said in the last episode, he came to town and made a lot of money but didn't really accomplish anything. That's pretty much how I feel about his character.
There are some actors that I just plain like and am happy to see them turn up on shows: Wendell Pierce, Khandi Alexander, Kim Dickens, Clarke Peters. I hope to see them again.
1) I don't think you mean Toni Collette, but I know who you're talking about. Liked the character as well.
2) Agree on Chief Lambreaux, LaDonna, and their families.
3) Definitely agree on Davis. I think I finally got his character in the last two eps.
4) I liked Annie, but she seemed too smart to be with the 1st boyfriend and too ambitious to be with Davis. Also, Boyfriend #1 was an utterly pointless character.
5) It seemed that Treme just quietly faded away. I think the show suffered from Wire comparisons for the most part. I'm anxious to see what Simon will do next.