TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-22-2013, 11:04 AM   #1
jeffw_00

I can log into YouTube from anywhere, EXCEPT my TiVo?

I can't find anything quite on point with a search - so, here goes..

Last night I tried logging into YouTube from my TiVoHD. Login rejected. Twice. I tried it from my Sony BluRay/Streaming player. No problem!

Later, I get an Email from Google....

===================
Someone recently used your password to try to sign in to your Google Account xxxxx@xxxx.com. This person was using an application such as an email client or mobile device.

We prevented the sign-in attempt in case this was a hijacker trying to access your account. Please review the details of the sign-in attempt:

Sunday, December 22, 2013 4:05:55 AM UTC
IP Address: 204.176.49.46 (host46.tivo.com.)

If you do not recognize this sign-in attempt, someone else might be trying to access your account. You should sign in to your account and reset your password immediately.

If this was you, and you are having trouble accessing your account, complete the troubleshooting steps listed at http://support.google.com/mail?p=client_login
====================
It WAS me, and I was having NO trouble accessing my account. Google, in their divine expertise, just decided not to let me log in, despite the correct username AND password. It had no problem 5 minutes later, letting me log in from my BluRay player, and of course, I'm logged in on-line.

So, no explanation from Google as to how to ever successfully log in from my TiVo again. Any thoughts?

Thanks
/j
jeffw_00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 05:36 PM   #2
jeffw_00

as it turns out - if you find the right place (security) in you tube to look at your "alerts" and tell google it really was you. the next time you log in via Tivo it seems to take it. not sure how long it will be before i have to (painfully) enter my password again...
/j
jeffw_00 is offline   Reply With Quote