TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-22-2013, 10:38 AM   #1
sangs

Roamio's giving a V112 error, but am able to transfer shows. Why?

A peculiar issue cropping up this morning.

Have a Roamio Pro and Plus and when attempting to watch a show from the Pro on the Plus this morning, I receive an error saying "(Show title) can't be watched now because of a problem with the network connection between this DVR and the other DVR. There may be a problem with your home network or network setup(V112). Please check that your network is working and try again."

OK, fine. However, I have no problem transferring the program from the Pro to the Plus. None at all. So obviously they are networked together just fine. (And yesterday I had no issues at all watching something from the other DVR.)

I restarted both the Pro and Plus, but the weird condition still exists. Any ideas?
sangs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 01:51 PM   #2
kbmb

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post
A peculiar issue cropping up this morning.

Have a Roamio Pro and Plus and when attempting to watch a show from the Pro on the Plus this morning, I receive an error saying "(Show title) can't be watched now because of a problem with the network connection between this DVR and the other DVR. There may be a problem with your home network or network setup(V112). Please check that your network is working and try again."

OK, fine. However, I have no problem transferring the program from the Pro to the Plus. None at all. So obviously they are networked together just fine. (And yesterday I had no issues at all watching something from the other DVR.)

I restarted both the Pro and Plus, but the weird condition still exists. Any ideas?
Having the exact same issue here between Roamio Basic and Plus. Getting that V112 error when trying to stream, but I'm able to transfer fine.

Tivos are hard wired via Ethernet on the same network.

Just got the basic and it's been very disappointing to not consistently being able to stream.

-Kevin
kbmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #3
sangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmb View Post
Having the exact same issue here between Roamio Basic and Plus. Getting that V112 error when trying to stream, but I'm able to transfer fine.

Tivos are hard wired via Ethernet on the same network.

Just got the basic and it's been very disappointing to not consistently being able to stream.

-Kevin
Mine are all connected via MoCA. Can stream from the Plus to the Pro and can stream to the Mini from both. Just not from the Pro to the Plus. Very odd - and annoying. A reset of both boxes worked, but only temporarily.
Old 12-22-2013, 08:34 PM   #4
akaussie

Roamio's giving a V112 error, but am able to transfer shows. Why?

I've been having lots of V112 issues between my Roamio Plus and Premiere. Roamio is connected via MOCA and Premiere via powerline. Rebooting both boxes seems to (very) temporarily fix the issue. I typically try and stream from Roamio to Premiere. Transfers work just fine.
akaussie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:08 AM   #5
sangs

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaussie View Post
I've been having lots of V112 issues between my Roamio Plus and Premiere. Roamio is connected via MOCA and Premiere via powerline. Rebooting both boxes seems to (very) temporarily fix the issue. I typically try and stream from Roamio to Premiere. Transfers work just fine.
Yeah, something's not right at all. This morning I tried to stream from the Pro to the Plus and it worked. Tried about an hour later and got the same error message and was unable to stream. As usual though, the transfer worked fine. I don't know what the hell is going on here.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:17 AM   #6
lessd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangs View Post
Yeah, something's not right at all. This morning I tried to stream from the Pro to the Plus and it worked. Tried about an hour later and got the same error message and was unable to stream. As usual though, the transfer worked fine. I don't know what the hell is going on here.
This problem just started for me after the last update 20.3.8, I am calling TiVo now to report this annoyances, resetting the network on each Roamio will fix the problem for a few hours. The Mini never has this problem, only Roamio to Roamio streaming, Roamio to the TP4 streams all the time.