TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-20-2016, 09:32 PM   #1
bige159

Remote is twitchy

I have a 4-tuner Roamio, and the remote is twitchy, for lack of a better word Single button presses will register twice in succession sometimes. Other times, they will register twice but with a delay. Say I want to tune channel 103. I push 1, then 0, it registers another 1, then the 3, so i end up on channel 1013. In other instances, presses will undo themselves (i push channel down twice within the guide, it moves down two pages and then back one).

Anyone have any ideas why this is happening? It has been behaving this way since initial setup.

bige159 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:09 PM   #2
skypros
Ex satellite dealer

All my Roamio remotes often will key in two inputs..... even though I only press the button once.
It is very annoying... it by far is the worst of any remote controlled items I have ever had.

And it happens on my Roamio Plus.... and on my Mini's

skypros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:40 PM   #3
Redding Delivery

My OTA has started to do the same thing. It got bad after I got Skip Mode. Maybe the 20.5.9 update will fix bug. I'm still on 20.5.6

Redding Delivery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 07:10 PM   #4
JoeKustra
Cable only

No, sorry, the remote is not so good. I frequently hit down, nothing happens, and I look down and see a red LED. My remote & Roamio are set for RF. So I hit up, then down. That usually gets the amber LED back.

JoeKustra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 06:31 PM   #5
dougdingle
HD Tech

I have to agree that, with the exception of the very first remotes that shipped with the DirecTivo, which were pretty much useless, the Roamio IR/RF remote is the worst remote in terms of longevity and reliability I've had, and I've been a TiVo user since the Series 1.

To their credit, TiVo replaced the DirecTivo ones with working ones for anyone who called to complain.

The Roamio's RF/IR remote is a superb idea, not so good on implementation.

Aside from the things mentioned here, all of which I've experienced, its IR performance is BEYOND abysmal. It has been a VERY long time since I've had a remote with such pathetic IR range, even with brand new Lithium AA batteries.

dougdingle is offline   Reply With Quote