TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-08-2014, 06:47 AM   #1
nrnoble

Tivo Suggestions always always selects i480 programing

I like Tivo suggestions, its fun because it picks programming that I would not considered watching, or programming I would record if I had found it among 500+ channels.

What bothers me is that Tivo Suggestions always picks i480 channels rather than HDTV channels.

Is there any where to set Tivo suggestions to pick HTDV programming over i480 programming. On my HDTV, i480 programming looks like a 25 year old VHS tape that been watched too much.

thanks.

Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 06:52 AM   #2
jjd_87

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrnoble View Post
I like Tivo suggestions, its fun because it picks programming that I would not considered watching, or programming I would record if I had found it among 500+ channels.

What bothers me is that Tivo Suggestions always picks i480 channels rather than HDTV channels.

Is there any where to set Tivo suggestions to pick HTDV programming over i480 programming. On my HDTV, i480 programming looks like a 25 year old VHS tape that been watched too much.

thanks.
The only way I have found is to turn off SD versions of channels you get in HD. I had done that and my Tivo would still record an SD version of Parks and Rec on Esquire SD over the same episode airing on FXX HD. I think Tivo suggestions look for what ever channel comes first numerically and record the suggestion on that number. I have no real proof but it always seems that way. Luckily most of my channels are now available in HD.

jjd_87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 07:32 AM   #3
nrnoble

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjd_87 View Post
The only way I have found is to turn off SD versions of channels you get in HD. I had done that and my Tivo would still record an SD version of Parks and Rec on Esquire SD over the same episode airing on FXX HD. I think Tivo suggestions look for what ever channel comes first numerically and record the suggestion on that number. I have no real proof but it always seems that way. Luckily most of my channels are now available in HD.
Thanks. What you suggest seems consistent with my channel lineup; the SD channels are lower than HD channels. I can't think of any disadvantage of disabling a SD channel that has the same HD channel somewhere else. In time SD channels will go away (10+ years).

Tivo user since 1999.
nrnoble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:15 AM   #4
JosephB

I remove the SD channels from Channels I Get anyway so that the guide isn't cluttered up with duplicates. It also has the added benefit of preventing suggestions from recording in SD if HD is available.

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote