TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 03-01-2014, 08:24 AM   #1
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

Helix "Level X" (2/28/14) SPOILERS!

Okay, when Hatake said "You have your father's eyes", my first thought was Rosemary's Baby! But, that seems unlikely. Julia is probably his clone. And what the hell is Hatake anyway?

After seeing all of the germs they have down in the vault, it reminded me that the CDC stores that type of thing as well. I'm now thinking that there may not be enough security around that place. They should have troops. And tanks. And submarines. Like Fort Knox.

BTW, the woman in that half picture looked exactly like Julia. Can a clone come from two different sources? I'm not up to date on my cloning techniques.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #2
cheesesteak
Meh.

I'm back to having no idea what's going on. Well, other than Balleseros and Anana will be doing it pretty soon.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
justen_m

Clone? I just figured he is here actual father. After she got infected, Hatake injected her with something that brought out her latent abilities and "cured" her. Hmm, ok, maybe clone isn't so implausible.
justen_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 12:35 AM   #4
Ment

I'm surprised they have equipment that allows them to be outside but not to survive the temps in the base without power.. /s In the Helix world heat-sinks do not exist.
Old 03-02-2014, 02:00 AM   #5
smbaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
And what the hell is Hatake anyway?
He's 'much older than she could possibly imagine'. I wonder how old he is?

This episode felt dumber than usual to me. Shutting down the power and the building cooling down so quickly. Vectors paralyzed by the cold. Nobody tells head CDC guy that there's going to be a bazillion vials and he'll have to search them all. Vectors scared of Julia, allowing our heroes to safely escape.

They had all of the vectors in one spot and effectively neutralized for 20 minutes. Just sedate them all, warm the place back up, and confine them at your leisure. Then you can go hunting for vials of viruses without vectors to worry about.

(though my plan would never work, as you can't confine anyone in this place without them immediately escaping)
smbaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:45 AM   #6
Big Deficit
Happy now?

Arrrgh! This show depends so much on what are supposed to be extremely intelligent characters acting incredibly dumb! I had such high hopes for the show, but I have to stop watching or I'm eventually going to throw something through the TV screen in frustration.....
Old 03-02-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
DUSlider

I was yelling at the TV when they didn't latch the door the rest of the way when they clearly could have...
DUSlider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGM1138 View Post
Okay, when Hatake said "You have your father's eyes", my first thought was Rosemary's Baby! But, that seems unlikely. Julia is probably his clone. And what the hell is Hatake anyway?
That was exactly my thought at the time. I looked at my wife and said, "She's obviously extremely distraught, I think I'll creep her out as much as possible."

Quote:
BTW, the woman in that half picture looked exactly like Julia. Can a clone come from two different sources? I'm not up to date on my cloning techniques.
Quote:
Originally Posted by justen_m View Post
Clone? I just figured he is here actual father. After she got infected, Hatake injected her with something that brought out her latent abilities and "cured" her. Hmm, ok, maybe clone isn't so implausible.
I've been thinking clone all along. She doesn't look very Japanese to me. Then again, Mr. Twins and their sister don't look Eskimo to me either. *ducks sucker punch*

Greg

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 11:55 AM   #9
vertigo235

I'm not sure where you guys are getting Clone from, unless you're trying to predict a twist which is of course totally possible for this show.

On the surface I think it's been pretty straightforward that he is her real father. His unconditional care for her from the beginning. The episode where Sutton actually referenced her as his Daughter, the photo, and in the last episode, where he told her that she has his father's eyes (duh she has glowing eyes and he does too).

vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:31 PM   #10
Ment

Hatake is more likely a clone than his daughter at this point.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:43 PM   #11
vertigo235

Remember Hatake has the ability to "repair" himself, I'm sure his ability to "repair" also grants him long life and anti-aging. Perhaps even immortality.

vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2014, 12:53 PM   #12
stellie93

Too bad Julia didn't know about this sooner--she could still look 19.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2014, 06:27 AM   #13
DouglasPHill

She looks fine to me.
DouglasPHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:06 AM   #14
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

"Sleep with me again, Alan..." Really? REALLY?!

XL4
Bierboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 08:58 AM   #15
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
Especially since they didn't sleep together.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:01 AM   #16
DouglasPHill

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
?
Old 03-06-2014, 11:27 AM   #17
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesesteak View Post
I wouldn't call it "sleep"....copulation would be more like it. But, yes, they DID "sleep" together.

XL4
Old 03-06-2014, 08:45 PM   #18
gchance
4 8 15 16 23 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bierboy View Post
She was a little out of it.

Greg

|
|
|

5k:
10k:
13.1M
26.2M
gchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 02:43 AM   #19
Bierboy
Seasoned gas passer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gchance View Post
She was a little out of it.

Greg
Oh I realize that, but the line at that point was sooooooo cheesey...and predictable...

XL4
Old 03-07-2014, 03:51 AM   #20
cheesesteak
Meh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DouglasPHill View Post
?
They boinked but they didn't sleep together. At least I don't remember them in bed. That's why her choice of words were odd to me. Given the language of the show, they could have chosen a better euphemism.

Old 03-07-2014, 06:43 AM   #21
DouglasPHill

I just figured she was referring to a previous time when maybe it was in a bedroom location. (previous in their history not the shows)