TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-19-2013, 08:54 AM   #1
marklyn

Is there certain order in setting up Roamio?

My Roamio should be here in a day or two. I'm wondering if the is an method to the madness in regard to the order of setting everything up.
I'll have a Roamio plus, cable card, tuning adapter, 3 mini's, moca and a network connection. I have dual coax running to each location I want the Roamio and the 3 mini's.
Coax cabling plan using 3 2050Mhz splitters:
Coax input --> POE filter --> 3 way splitter in attic:
1. --> terminates at Cable Modem
2. --> terminates at 2 way splitter in AV cabinet:
2.1 -----> Roamio
2.2 -----> Tuning adapter
3. --> terminates to 4 way splitter in attic:
3.1 -----> terminates to mini in Study
3.2 -----> terminates to mini in Guest BD
3.3 -----> terminates to mini in Master BD
3.4 -----> unused/capped

I'm assuming that I should first connect the Roamio to cable and network and set up the networking component. Then maybe I install the cable card next and get that authorized. Then maybe I hook up the tuning adapter and verify I get all subscribed channels. Then I turn on moca on Roamio. Lastly I set up each mini and turn moca on for each (after connecting coax).

This is a very broad overview of what I've pieced together from reading through the forums, so any corrections or additional details for any step would be helpful.
MOCA
CC: Sci Atl PK802
TA: Cisco STA1520
TimeWarner Cable-Austin
marklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2013, 02:22 PM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Connect the Roamio and the tuning adapter right away, but do not install the CableCARD in the Roamio until after you've completed setup. Once you've got all the way through setup install the CableCARD and a special screen should pop up automatically with the numbers you need to have it paired. Call the cable company and get the card activated and paired. Verify that all your channels are working.

Now for the network will the TiVo be connected directly to Ethernet and then used as a MoCa bridge for the Minis? If so go to Settings->Network and enable MoCa. It should be listed as "Ethernet+MoCa" if it's working right.

Next hook up the Minis one at a time.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote