TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-18-2013, 03:16 AM   #1
pautler

space allocated to 'recently deleted' and 'suggestions' folder?

Does anyone know if there is a way to allocate more hard drive space to the 'recently deleted' folder so that the TiVo will hang on to more deleted programs, for a longer period of time?

I read another thread somewhere else on this forum that said the 'recently deleted' folder would continue to grow on it's own, and would only purge things from that folder if/when the TiVo needed space to record other things (including suggestions).

In my case the 'recently deleted' folder never has more than 1 or 2 things in it, and they get purged out very quickly.

I'm using a Roamio basic, with an over-the-air antenna. I have gobs of extra hard drive capacity (2TB drive, capable of storing 300 hours of HD). My system is showing approximately 30% hard drive usage.

I was wondering if my 'suggestions' folder would just keep growing and growing until the entire hard drive was filled, but it seems to have topped out at approximately 300 programs in 'suggestions.' I'm wondering if maybe the space that is allocated to 'suggestions' and 'recently deleted' is shared, and thus my 'suggestions' folder is drowning out the ability of my 'recently deleted' folder to store much of anything.

Does anyone happen to know? I guess I could try manually deleting a bunch of things from the suggestions folder, one at a time (painful & time consuming), to see if that increases the number of programs retained in the 'recently deleted' folder.

Thanks in advance for any advice or suggestions... no pun intended. :-)

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 03:51 AM   #2
Dan203
Super Moderator

Priority for space goes recordings, suggestions, deleted. So suggestions will always overwrite deleted items. Real recordings will also overwrite deleted items first, then start deleting suggestions when the deleted folder is empty. The only way for your deleted folder to hold onto more items longer would be to turn off suggestions.
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Yep, if you have Suggestions turned on, your Recently Deleted folder will almost always be at zero.

Since I have a Tivo HD, I use my RD folder as a space indicator so I obviously don't have Suggestions turned on.
What I do instead, I go to TiVo Suggestions in the menu and browse what the TiVo has found and then pick and choose what I want the Tivo to record.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote