TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-15-2013, 02:21 PM   #1
km

Can't Find Youtube

I have an HD Series 3. I used to be able to access youtube with it, but its been quite a while since I tried and I don't see it now.

Under Music, Photos and Showcases I see pandora, Live365, Podcaster and a few others, but no Youtube.

If I select the Video on Demand from the main menu it just goes back to the main menu.

The network connectivity is fine, it regularly connects and downloads the schedules.

Any ideas what happened to Youtube?
km is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 09:57 AM   #2
dwit

Youtube is no longer an option from the Music, Photos menu, if it ever was(I do believe it was).

A month or two back, the youtube option in Video on Demand disappeared on my TivoHD one day, but when I checked again the next day it was there. Hasn't disappeared again to my knowledge as I don't use it much recently.

If you cannot get to the Video on Demand menu at all(there are other options besides youtube), then something is probably failing/failed on the Tivo. Possibly the power supply and/or the hard drive.

You might try saving a truncated image for winmfs to your computer, and restoring the image to a spare hard drive, if you have one that is known to be in good working order. That could help trouble shoot problems with the drive/image.

Someone else can chime in(or search) for how to trouble shoot power supply issues.

Do you happen to have an external drive attached to your Tivo(for extra storage capacity)?

Lastly, as always, try restarting the Tivo.
Toshiba sdh400 r.i.p.
dwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #3
km

I know a little more. It's not hardware. Looking at the logs, the things that fail are using ssl. For example live365 fails with:

Dec 18 16:54:57 (none) TvHttpClientSecureSocket[409]: SSL_connect [204.176.49.65:7287] took 216 ms, session reused: NO
Dec 18 16:54:57 (none) TvHttpClientSecureSocket[409]: Internal SSL error
Dec 18 16:54:57 (none) TvHttpClientSecureSocket[409]: SSL error: error:14090086:lib(20):func(144):reason(134)
Dec 18 16:54:57 (none) HME[409]: TvHmeStreamResource Close w/ error (HTTP failure (Http connection error: ).)
Dec 18 16:54:57 (none) HME[409]: TvHmeHostActivity::Return(HTTP failure (Http connection error: ).), fExitOnReturn = TRUE

but Pandora succeeds since it doesn't use ssl

Dec 18 16:57:49 (none) HME[409]: Creating url to application: http://204.176.49.116:7288/pandora-1..._76.20.255.68/

The Video Demand menu does an ssl request before it even shows the contents, which is why I never see the facebook item.

All my other machines can do ssl, so its not my router. I'm thinking the SSL certificate must be bad or expired on my Tivo.
km is offline   Reply With Quote