TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-16-2013, 12:29 AM   #1
tim1724

Roamio remote easter egg

I accidentally found what I think is a new easter egg in the Roamio remote. (I would imagine that it's in the new slide remote too, but I don't have one to test.)

Press and hold the TiVo and Play buttons on your Roamio remote until the LED lights up. Then release the buttons.

It seems to repeat until you press another button.

If this is old news, sorry, but a quick search of the forum didn't yield any existing threads on this.
tim1724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 01:57 AM   #2
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post
Press and hold the TiVo and Play buttons on your Roamio remote until the LED lights up. Then release the buttons.
And what exactly does that do besides light up the LED? Does it play a little tune?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 02:55 PM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Went to Best Buy today and remembered this little "easter egg".

They had a Roamio basic on display and I wanted to hear what the remote sounded like.
With the music in Best Buy, it was hard to hear the tune the remote was playing, but I bet after they close and turn off the music, they'll be wondering what device is "singing" -- if the batteries last, that is.

F*CK CANCER!
Old 12-16-2013, 03:06 PM   #4
Ky_Shag
Shaggy Dog

its the TiVo theme song
Ky_Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:14 PM   #5
xbr23

If you push the remote finder on the roamio box, the remote will play the jingle until you find the remote and push a button on the remote
xbr23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 03:17 PM   #6
Ky_Shag
Shaggy Dog

no button on basic remote plays tune though
Ky_Shag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 12:35 AM   #7
Zu Nim
Registerer Used

So the basic Roamio doesn't have a hardware button to trigger the remote finder song, but can it be trigged by software? That would be a real easter egg. I wonder if the basic and Plus/Pro use the same ZigBee chip.
Zu Nim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 08:52 AM   #8
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Nim View Post
So the basic Roamio doesn't have a hardware button to trigger the remote finder song, but can it be trigged by software?
Not by software, from the remote itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tim1724 View Post

F*CK CANCER!
Old 12-17-2013, 05:10 PM   #9
Zu Nim
Registerer Used

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
Not by software, from the remote itself.
I'm meant the hardware button on the Plus/Pro, not the remote itself. A trigger in the TiVo software to activate the remote finder (and song).
Zu Nim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 05:31 PM   #10
Dan203
Super Moderator

The new Slide Pro has a dongle you can get to use it with a Premiere/Mini, the dongle itself has a button which activates the remote finder. I wonder if you could use that dongle with a Roamio Basic to have access to the remote finder feature? Or if there would be a conflict because of RF already being built into the unit?
Dan203 is offline   Reply With Quote