TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Mini
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
Maryland guy

Romio Pro and Minis and DSL

Hello,

I have seen a few posters ask a similar question but I could not find an answer to my set up question. Sorry if I overlooked it.

I currently have a Romio Pro wirelessly connected to a Verizon DSL ( no FIOS option in my area ) router. I use cable for my TV service. Router is on a differnt level of the house than the Romio and is in a room without a cable connection.

My plan is to add 1 or 2 Minis in the next few months. Both would be in locations that would not be feasible to connect by Ethernet cable to the Pro nor the router.

Can I leave the Pro wirelessly connected and enable the Ethernet bridge to connect the mini(s) ? If not can I use MoCA adapters if the router is in a room without access to a cable connection ?

Thanks for any experience or advice
Maryland guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

I doubt that's possible, but if your cable has internet, you could use it and have the router closer to your cable and modem. In which you could use ethernet or moca. You may even save money and 1 less bill.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 06:54 PM   #3
TEG

Yes.

I use Comcast for TV only, and use my local Telco's DSL for Internet (faster and cheaper than Comcast). I have the Premiere connected via Ethernet to the router, and use the cable in the house for MoCA. The Roamio can bridge your network to the coax. You should even be able to use Netflix, provided your wireless to the Roamio is sufficient.

I currently use Apple Airports to create wired networks in remote locations in the house, and am going to try it on my Mini, so I can actually get rid of the Coax, since it is running along the baseboard in the bedrooms.
TEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
HarperVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEG View Post
....... I currently use Apple Airports to create wired networks in remote locations in the house......
Can you share with me how you do that? I have tried but it never seemed that it would work unless I was using an Apple router and I use an Asus AC router. Sorry to be off topic, you can PM reply, but I thought maybe if posted here it could help others.
HarperVision is offline   Reply With Quote