TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 07-23-2014, 11:54 AM   #1
sbq

Amazon video download no longer available for Roamio's

Amazon has removed support for downloading videos to Roamio's, though you can still download to Premiere's and older HD's and Series 3. I'm not sure when this happened but as of now us Roamio owners are out of luck. I'm trying to get a refund for 2 videos I purchased only to find that I can no longer download to my Roamio.
sbq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 11:57 AM   #2
moyekj

Using a browser login to amazon.com account and push the videos to your Roamio from there. That's always been a better/easier way to do it anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by moyekj : 07-23-2014 at 12:19 PM.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:11 PM   #3
dlfl
Cranky old novice

And possibly your Roamio just somehow got unlinked (registered, whatever) from your Amazon acct.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 12:40 PM   #4
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbq View Post
Amazon has removed support for downloading videos to Roamio's, though you can still download to Premiere's and older HD's and Series 3. I'm not sure when this happened but as of now us Roamio owners are out of luck. I'm trying to get a refund for 2 videos I purchased only to find that I can no longer download to my Roamio.
I had no problems ordering and downloading a video from Amazon to my Roamio. Sounds like a problem with your account; I've had to unlink and link TiVos before to get them to work.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:49 PM   #5
sbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
And possibly your Roamio just somehow got unlinked (registered, whatever) from your Amazon acct.
when I looked at approved devices to link to the Roamio was not listed, only Premiere's and down.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:50 PM   #6
sbq

Quote:
Originally Posted by moyekj View Post
Using a browser login to amazon.com account and push the videos to your Roamio from there. That's always been a better/easier way to do it anyway.
This is exactly what I always do. What I'm saying is that the list of available devices to link to your account no longer includes the Roamio.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:55 PM   #7
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
This is exactly what I always do. What I'm saying is that the list of available devices to link to your account no longer includes the Roamio.
And i'm saying you're wrong when you say "your account" (at least to me). My Roamio appears and can have things downloaded to it fine. It is only your account that is screwed up, as far as I know.
Old 07-23-2014, 12:59 PM   #8
aaronwt
HD Addict

Both of my Roamios are still listed on my Amazon instant video account. And show up as an option to download.

I was hoping that the OPs comments might have beena precursor to Amazon Prime Streaming coming the Roamio.
39TB unRAID1--53TB unRAID2--36TB unRAID3
XBL/PSN: WormholeXtreme
aaronwt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 01:30 PM   #9
sbq

I went to the Amazon instant video app on the Tivo and tried to purchase a video through that, and it had me re-register my device, then allowed me to purchase the video and download it. I went to my Amazon account on my computer and my Roamio now shows up as a download device (again), though if you go to the list of allowed devices it still doesn't show up.
Old 07-23-2014, 02:04 PM   #10
dlfl
Cranky old novice

Quote:
I went to the Amazon instant video app on the Tivo and tried to purchase a video through that, and it had me re-register my device, then allowed me to purchase the video and download it. I went to my Amazon account on my computer and my Roamio now shows up as a download device (again), though if you go to the list of allowed devices it still doesn't show up.
Sounds like a complaint for Amazon.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 08:48 PM   #11
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
though if you go to the list of allowed devices it still doesn't show up.
It looked like that list of Tivos hasn't been updated since 2010, but below is a new addition for Amazon Fire.

~~~~~

The TiVo Apocalypse begins on Sat 2013 Feb 16 00:00 GMT!
ThAbtO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #12
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Just checked mine, went to Amazon and selected refresh and all my Tivo's show up including the three Roamios I have. Amazon support has been good as I had a couple HD movie purchases that I consumed my download on one particular one that I had to get exchanged under warranty and after contacting their customer support they enabled more downloads of my missing movie purchases.

Amazon never updated their supported Tivo list to show the latest series 5 but it all still works. Despite they down't show Roamio as under their support Tivos, it's there.
TiVo Premiere

eboydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 04:44 AM   #13
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
And i'm saying you're wrong when you say "your account" (at least to me). My Roamio appears and can have things downloaded to it fine. It is only your account that is screwed up, as far as I know.
Crispy, we meet again. We were just in the router/monopoly discussion.

I am having the same problem as others here. I very rarely download from Amazon but I just did tonight. When I tried to download to Tivo, my Amazon account only showed four older units, two series 2 and two series 3.

When I tried to add the Roamio, the list of available Tivo devices did not show any Roamios., in fact the newest Tivo device listed was a model made in 2010.

I have seen a few people here mention "pushing" a recording to a Roamio, but I don't follow how to do that.
Tivo II Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2014, 05:00 AM   #14
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

You just have to DE-Register your Tivos and RE-Register in your Amazon devices page. It should then ask you to login to your Tivo.com account, and that's it.

To push an Amazon purchased or rented video, you just go to your Video Library and when you go to play, and there would be a pulldown for you to send to your Tivo (pushing).

~~~~~

Old 07-25-2014, 05:51 AM   #15
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivo II Jack View Post
Crispy, we meet again. We were just in the router/monopoly discussion.

I am having the same problem as others here. I very rarely download from Amazon but I just did tonight. When I tried to download to Tivo, my Amazon account only showed four older units, two series 2 and two series 3.

When I tried to add the Roamio, the list of available Tivo devices did not show any Roamios., in fact the newest Tivo device listed was a model made in 2010.

I have seen a few people here mention "pushing" a recording to a Roamio, but I don't follow how to do that.
I believe it's a broweser refresh issue, if you click the update my TiVo it nevers shows any changes until you refresh the entire page or select the refresh in a new tab. This method always has worked for me using Chrome.

Yes there is is Amazon issue buts it's their webpage refresh, not their lack of supporting Roamios, unblinking and linking your TiVo account has the same effect but just takes longer.

Once your list is refreshed, all your TiVos appear as a choice to download/push to. This was the based on my contact with Amazon support as they were the ones who described to me how to update your registered TiVos and pointed out their webpage had this refresh issue.
TiVo Premiere

Old 07-25-2014, 07:55 AM   #16
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAbtO View Post
You just have to DE-Register your Tivos and RE-Register in your Amazon devices page. It should then ask you to login to your Tivo.com account, and that's it.
Yes, I've had to do this a number of times over the years with Amazon. What also works at times is to go to the TiVo that doesn't have access, and "buy" an Amazon video from there (I always use a free one from the bottom of their lists for this purpose). You then will have to go through the login procedure there (typing the passwords for both Amazon and TiVo, a TiVo slide remote helps!) and then you're set.
Old 07-25-2014, 04:02 PM   #17
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post
Yes, I've had to do this a number of times over the years with Amazon. What also works at times is to go to the TiVo that doesn't have access, and "buy" an Amazon video from there (I always use a free one from the bottom of their lists for this purpose). You then will have to go through the login procedure there (typing the passwords for both Amazon and TiVo, a TiVo slide remote helps!) and then you're set.
I had to do that when I added my Roamio (Juliet )

~~~~~

Old 07-25-2014, 11:52 PM   #18
Tivo II Jack

Quote:

To push an Amazon purchased or rented video, you just go to your Video Library and when you go to play, and there would be a pulldown for you to send to your Tivo (pushing).
As I said, I rarely if ever download anything from Amazon mainly because I despise dealing with their website.

Yesterday when I attempted to download the video, it failed, but while there I was able to see my four old Tivo devices listed but when I tried to add the Roamio, the newest model Tivo listed was from 2010.

When I looked again today under My Account, I clicked on Manage Your Content and Devices and saw this: You dont have any device registered. Buy a Kindle or a free Kindle reading app.

I then went back to my Video Library and clicked on the one that just failed to download. I clicked on Download and it showed my drop down menu of 4 old Tivos but today there was no option anywhere to Add a new device.

I wanted to try deregistering as a few suggest, but I cannot get to any page that allows me to do that even though I did see that option yesterday. At least today, the download to an older Tivo succeeded.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #19
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

Just go back to that Amazon page with the list of Tivos and click on "Register" on any of the Tivos listed, it does not matter which model anyways. Once you are registered with your Tivo.com signin, that is all there is to do and then you can push to your Roamio.

I just had to Re-Register my Tivos myself and once it was done, there is a dropdown next to the "+ Download" option. This does not seem to show if the video is available on Prime Instant Video, such as when I tried with an episode of "Ice Road Truckers: Season 7", but there was a dropdown when I tried it on "Hunter: Season 4."

~~~~~

Old 07-26-2014, 12:45 AM   #20
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Just go back to that Amazon page with the list of Tivos and click on "Register" on any of the Tivos listed, it does not matter which model anyways. Once you are registered with your Tivo.com signin, that is all there is to do and then you can push to your Roamio.

I just had to Re-Register my Tivos myself and once it was done, there is a dropdown next to the "+ Download" option. This does not seem to show if the video is available on Prime Instant Video, such as when I tried with an episode of "Ice Road Truckers: Season 7", but there was a dropdown when I tried it on "Hunter: Season 4."
I am unable to get to that page. The only way I can even see the Tivos listed is to choose a video from my library and click on download. Then it shows me the list of Tivos and my only option is to choose one to download to. There is no register option.

If I go to Manage my devices it tells me I have no devices registered.
Old 07-26-2014, 12:48 AM   #21
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

My Account - > scroll down to digital content portion, Your Video Library -> Settings -> Register button

~~~~~

Old 07-26-2014, 12:56 AM   #22
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
My Account - > scroll down to digital content portion, Your Video Library -> Settings -> Register button
OK, that sent me in a new direction and I am there right now and it shows my 4 old Tivos. I clicked on Register your device and then on Tivo in a checklist of manufacturers. Then this list of Tivos:

DVR
Manufacturer and Model Year
TiVo TCD746320 Premiere DVR (Prime Instant Video not available) 2010
TiVo TCD748000 Premiere XL DVR (Prime Instant Video not available) 2010
TiVo TCD658000 HD XL DVR (Prime Instant Video not available) 2008
TiVo TCD652160 HD Digital Video Recorder (Prime Instant Video not available) 2007
TiVo TCD540080 Series 2 80-Hour Digital Video Recorder (Prime Instant Video not available) 2006
TiVo TCD648250B Series3 HD Digital Media Recorder (Prime Instant Video not available) 2006
TiVo TCD649080 Series2 80-Hour Dual-Tuner Digital Video Recorder (Prime Instant Video not available) 2006
TiVo TCD540080 Series 2 80-Hour Digital Video Recorder (Prime Instant Video not available) 2004
Old 07-26-2014, 01:01 AM   #23
ThAbtO
TiVoholic by the bay

There should be a register button to the right of each. I clicked on one of the Premiere Register button, even though I do not have a Premiere (only a S3HD and Roamio). After registering, the 2 Tivos showed as a download option.

~~~~~

Old 07-26-2014, 01:09 AM   #24
Tivo II Jack

Quote:

There should be a register button to the right of each. I clicked on one of the Premiere Register button, even though I do not have a Premiere (only a S3HD and Roamio). After registering, the 2 Tivos showed as a download option.
I did what you said and saw no change and no added device. I left the page and refollowed the directions you gave me at the beginning of this little chat session and when I got back to my devices page, I didn't even have to rename anything, Roamio was sitting there front and center.

Thanks for this little rapid fire session.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:40 AM   #25
The Merg
1*

Well, I'm having a similar issue. My Roamio is listed as Registered, however, if I select Amazon Video on the Roamio, it tells me that it cannot connect to Amazon and that I need to check my broadband connection. My connection is fine.

- Merg
Old 08-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #26
The Merg
1*

Well, I just had the summer update download and Amazon is not listed anymore as a provider on the Roamio. It only lists Netflix and YouTube now.

- Merg
Old 08-01-2014, 10:08 AM   #27
elborak
Jack of Some Trades

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merg View Post
I just had the summer update download and Amazon is not listed anymore as a provider on the Roamio. It only lists Netflix and YouTube now.
Is it set as one of the enabled video sources in settings?
elborak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 10:18 AM   #28
eboydog
Just TiVo'ing.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Merg View Post
Well, I just had the summer update download and Amazon is not listed anymore as a provider on the Roamio. It only lists Netflix and YouTube now.

- Merg
That's "normal" as in being something flacky with the update, if you go to find content from the first TiVo menu you should see Amazon.
TiVo Premiere

Old 08-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #29
Tivo II Jack

Quote:
Originally Posted by elborak View Post
Is it set as one of the enabled video sources in settings?
I have the same issue, no Amazon listing. I went to Settings and found nothing about 'enabled' video sources anywhere.

The full path is Settings/Channels/My Video Providers and there you can select the providers you want, including Amazon.
Old 08-01-2014, 06:45 PM   #30
trip1eX

tangent: I just got a Roamio. Back with Tivo again after a few years. I went to the Amazon app and couldn't believe that it is the same app as in the SEries 2!!!!

I was shocked. ...unless I'm missing something and am supposed to download a new app.
trip1eX is offline   Reply With Quote