TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Garth Brooks live from Las Vegas cbs 11/29

I've seen this show live twice. It's awesome. Set your DVRs. Not sure how they will work it with commercial breaks.
Turtleboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 05:53 PM   #2
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

maybe.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
jsmeeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #3
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
So far it's a rushed and condensed version of the two shows that I saw there. He isn't talking as much between songs, and when he does, he's cutting the stories down tremendously.
Old 11-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
dfergie

I set a timer and was just going to check in... ended up watching the whole thing, wish I'd caught this show but it's been dark every time I was in Vegas ... (CES)
dfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:50 PM   #5
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'd say the TV special had about 70% of the real show. It got the gist of it, but was a bit rushed and truncated for TV.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:14 PM   #6
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

I didn't add up the length of the commercial breaks. Was it over a half hour of commercials? When I saw it, I thought it was about 90 minutes or so of actual show. It actually started noticeably late.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 11-30-2013, 05:22 PM   #7
jennifer

Saw it, loved it, can't wait until he tours again!
jennifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #8
2004raptor

Stupid comcast audio kept fading in and out. I ended up watching about 1/2 of it. I'll finish it up soon.
2004raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:15 PM   #9
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004raptor View Post
Stupid comcast audio kept fading in and out. I ended up watching about 1/2 of it. I'll finish it up soon.
CBS bleeped (muted) him a few times when he talked about his piece of sh- car or said "what the f". I didn't notice other audio fading though.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:26 PM   #10
dfergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtleboy View Post
CBS bleeped (muted) him a few times when he talked about his piece of sh- car or said "what the f". I didn't notice other audio fading though.
I thought I was having audio black/drop outs... I noticed at Wally World today they have an exclusive CD/DVD set with a performance from the Wynn, didn't see a BD version though.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:27 PM   #11
dfergie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
I didn't add up the length of the commercial breaks. Was it over a half hour of commercials? When I saw it, I thought it was about 90 minutes or so of actual show. It actually started noticeably late.
I'll edit them out and figure out the "real" running time in a day or so.
Old 11-30-2013, 08:44 PM   #12
2004raptor

Quote:
My cable has been doing this on random shows recently. I was just mentioning it because it annoyed me so bad during this show. When you're watching a regular sitcom or maybe Survivor it's a bit annoying. Watching a performance like this is waaaaay more annoying. I'm calling comcast tomorrow.
Old 12-01-2013, 12:10 AM   #13
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Has he announced tour dates?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:20 AM   #14
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

CBS has it online if anyone missed it.

I love Grath Brooks music but his facial expressions creep me out. There was a contestant on American Idol a couple years ago that Simone kept pointing out his facial expressions and how creepy they were. I immediately thought of Garth Brooks.
JFriday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 02:58 PM   #15
RGM1138
I wanna Rock

I'm not really a Country music fan, but he was very entertaining. I especially enjoyed the recalling of his musical influences.

I had forgotten that he is married to Trisha Yearwood. They work well together.

(I had Fun, fun, fun 'til Katrina took my Ti-Vos away)

"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son."

Dean Vernon Wormer
Faber College
RGM1138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #16
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm watching it now and enjoying it a lot! He is great on stage - now I wonder what the full version would be like.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #17
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

I LOVE Garth Brooks. LOVE. But while I did enjoy this, I am VERY glad I got to see his typical concert (waves to Jennifer!) because while this was interesting Garth, it wasn't a GARTH concert. Does that make sense? I wanted to see the Vegas show, but I have to admit I might have been a tad pissed to not get the full experience. (Yes, I know Vegas is not labeled as a concert per se, I'm just trying to explain how different it was.) So I'm glad I was able to see this condensed version, but I'm more glad to have seen an actual concert.

sushikitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #18
jsmeeker
Vegas Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betts4 View Post
I'm watching it now and enjoying it a lot! He is great on stage - now I wonder what the full version would be like.
It's very similar. Really, almost identical. Except the stories were a little better developed. A bit more detailed. And not quite as rushed.

Old 12-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #19
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
I LOVE Garth Brooks. LOVE. But while I did enjoy this, I am VERY glad I got to see his typical concert (waves to Jennifer!) because while this was interesting Garth, it wasn't a GARTH concert. Does that make sense? I wanted to see the Vegas show, but I have to admit I might have been a tad pissed to not get the full experience. (Yes, I know Vegas is not labeled as a concert per se, I'm just trying to explain how different it was.) So I'm glad I was able to see this condensed version, but I'm more glad to have seen an actual concert.
I've seen the full Garth concert too. They're different shows. The Vegas show was phenomenal. That theater is very small, so you can really see him and he does a great job interacting with the crowd.

But it's not advertised as a full concert with the band. If people came expecting that, then it's their own fault.
Old 12-01-2013, 11:19 PM   #20
SnakeEyes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushikitten View Post
Do you post on PG?
SnakeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
betts4
I am Spartacus!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmeeker View Post
It's very similar. Really, almost identical. Except the stories were a little better developed. A bit more detailed. And not quite as rushed.
I enjoyed the show very much. I have never seen him in concert and to be honest was not even a big fan until a few years ago (after he stopped doing concerts for awhile). So this was fun. He is very entertaining as he talks to the audience.

Quote:
I've seen the full Garth concert too. They're different shows. The Vegas show was phenomenal. That theater is very small, so you can really see him and he does a great job interacting with the crowd.

But it's not advertised as a full concert with the band. If people came expecting that, then it's their own fault.
I enjoyed it being just him and not the whole band.

"He's a freak!! Take him apart and lose the pieces under the couch!"
betts4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:54 AM   #22
sushikitten
Exhausted mama

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeEyes View Post
Do you post on PG?
I have no idea what that is...so no.

sushikitten is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 08:25 AM   #23
Turtleboy

TC CLUB MEMBER
The show included in the box set on the DVD was much better than the one that was on tv.

Old 12-13-2013, 02:05 PM   #24
2004raptor

I thought about buying that. Wonder if it'll come out on blu ray? Probably wouldn't be a ton of difference but I'd rather have it on blu ray.