Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2013, 07:03 AM   #1
zordude
WDW Fan

TC CLUB MEMBER
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. "The Bridge" 12/10/13

Surprised there was no thread yet, everyone losing interest?

I thought this was a decent episode as setup for hopefully something interesting in the next one.

What advantage were the new extremis soldiers getting by being virtually covered with those caterpillar devices as opposed to the single one that the other guy had.
Old 12-12-2013, 09:20 AM   #2
Fl_Gulfer
Tivo's R Us

Very Good episode. Can't wait for January for it to return.
2 DirecTV HR20-700 HD DVR's
2 DirecTV HR24 HD DVR
Fl_Gulfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:01 AM   #3
wedgecon
Just Plain Awesome

I liked this episode, I think the show is starting to hit it's stride.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
wedgecon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:19 AM   #4
vertigo235

Quote:
Originally Posted by zordude View Post
Surprised there was no thread yet, everyone losing interest?

I thought this was a decent episode as setup for hopefully something interesting in the next one.

What advantage were the new extremis soldiers getting by being virtually covered with those caterpillar devices as opposed to the single one that the other guy had.
Maybe it makes them more stable by more evenly regulating the intake of the serum.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:02 PM   #5
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
It looks more badass.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:09 PM   #6
kdmorse

Quote:
More oomph.

I got the impression the bad guys were more amped up, and stronger. The good guys 'won' by being plucky little heroes that refused to stay down.

I may be over-thinking this, but knowing Joss, I suspect the title of the episode has two meanings. Sure they ended up on a bridge.

But I think this episode also serves as a bridge from the episode based monster-of-the-week serials they had to make in the beginning, to something more ongoing story arc based now that all the pieces are in place.

Or not.. we'll see..
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:26 PM   #7
Ereth

There was an interview I read somewhere last week where the showmakers were saying that this was the episode where all the little threads would start to come together and people would see how the individual standalone episodes really had an arc, it just wasn't visible yet.

They did say that this would ramp up when they return now that they've laid the groundwork.

Please do not "Fixed Your Post" on my posts. I find that rude and annoying. Thank you for your consideration.
Ereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 12:36 PM   #8
vertigo235

Makes sense, I mean they did a bunch of things in this episode.

They brought back a previous "villian" and he is now a "hero"

They established that the centipede people have been behind the eye implant too. Etc.

I'm starting to enjoy the show for sure, it was a rough start though.

vertigo235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #9
Eitel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertigo235 View Post
Makes sense, I mean they did a bunch of things in this episode.

They brought back a previous "villian" and he is now a "hero"

They established that the centipede people have been behind the eye implant too. Etc.

I'm starting to enjoy the show for sure, it was a rough start though.
And don't forget. They're finally going to show us how *magical* Tahiti is.

Eitel is my hero ! - angbear1985
Eitel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
mr.unnatural

I liked the way they tied in the earlier episodes and made the overall plot more cohesive. What seemed like individual disjointed episodes all came together in a common thread. This was one of the things I liked about Babylon 5. They'd have a bunch of seemingly random episodes that ended up being key to the overall storyline a year or two down the road. I have to admit that I've been hanging in there mostly because I was curious to see how Joss Whedon was going to handle the show, but now things are starting to come together and get pretty interesting.

Is anyone but me getting the impression that Agent Colson may be Skye's long lost father? There were several hints that a S.H.I.E.L.D. agent may have been her mother as well as talk about Colson's exploits with the opposite sex. No doubt that many secrets will be revealed along the way.
mr.unnatural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 PM   #11
cmontyburns
Excellent.

I mostly enjoyed it and am looking forward to what is next. Still, this was yet another reminder of two main issues I have with the show overall:

1. The SHIELD team still just doesn't seem "special" in any way. They are doing better with May now, but Fitzsimmons might as well wear wizard hats and carry wands, and the others are just kind of there. Including Coulson, who is much less interesting in this show than he has been in any of the Marvel movies.

2. Boy, is the writing, ah, lacking. The dialog in this episode was especially awful.
cmontyburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #12
kdmorse

The dialog dancing around the question of "Err, bad things are happening, shouldn't we call in the big guns we all know exist?" is getting particularly lame.

World about to end? Shall we send in Shield, The Avengers, or at least, umm... nope, 5 misfits in a big plane...
kdmorse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 07:55 PM   #13
scandia101
Just the facts ma'am

I almost gave up on the show a a few eps ago.
Glad I decided to stick with it until the mid season break.

When Coulson and Ward were in the car, how were they not swerving all over the road with the way Coulson was steering?
Old 12-12-2013, 08:02 PM   #14
Gunnyman
Super FunBall

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post

When Coulson and Ward were in the car, how were they not swerving all over the road with the way Coulson was steering?
I wondered the same thing. I tweeted to @clarkgregg about it with no response.
Old 12-12-2013, 08:59 PM   #15
TampaThunder

Quote:
Originally Posted by scandia101 View Post

From what I remember, older cars from pre-power steering times had a lot of play in the steering wheel. Probably still not as much as they were showing though.
TampaThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:43 PM   #16
busyba
The Funcooker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TampaThunder View Post
From what I remember, older cars from pre-power steering times had a lot of play in the steering wheel. Probably still not as much as they were showing though.
Although they probably installed power steering around the same time they installed the flight feature.

"of course, you are 100% correct" --

"busyba is officially my favorite poster." --

busyba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 03:21 AM   #17
Rob Helmerichs
I am Groot!

The car is telepathically controlled. He just wobbles the steering wheel for appearance's sake.
Old 12-13-2013, 08:31 AM   #18
billypritchard
Embiggener

I had actually been really enjoying the recent episodes, but this one that was supposed to be amped up left me cold. Our heroes just seem to blunder through never really working anything out. Ward wouldn't have scoped out his sniper spot to make sure there were no obstructions? Ridiculous.
Old 12-13-2013, 01:33 PM   #19
Gerryex

I don't know! I have mixed emotions about this whole series. In general I like the concept and have the Blu Rays for all the Marvel movies and enjoy them all. But this feels like its only half there. As others have commented, Coulson's character worked much better in the movies than here. The dialog seems to be subpar and the overall "team" effort seems to be very uncoordinated. Someone else commented that the good guy sniper didn't do a very good job of setting up when most of his field of view was blocked by a big truck.

I'll still stay with is as there is very little else like it but I was certainly expecting a lot higher caliber than what we're getting!

Gerry

P. S. And the wonder-twins really annoy me!!!!!
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 05:42 AM   #20
cheesesteak
Meh.

Agent May was miserable before she got sex and she's *still* miserable after getting sex. She's just a miserable person. And she made Skye cry.

A Cheesesteak always pays its debts
cheesesteak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2013, 06:31 AM   #21
Hunter Green
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
I had actually been really enjoying the recent episodes, but this one that was supposed to be amped up left me cold. Our heroes just seem to blunder through never really working anything out. Ward wouldn't have scoped out his sniper spot to make sure there were no obstructions? Ridiculous.
Just as ridiculous as the baddies choosing a spot that had a sniper nest overlooking it in the first place.
Old 12-14-2013, 11:26 AM   #22
pgogborn

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Ward wouldn't have scoped out his sniper spot to make sure there were no obstructions? Ridiculous.
If he arrived about the same time as everybody else he wouldn't have had time to pick the best spot.

Why would the bad guys give plenty of advance notice where the handover was to take place?

If he did arrive in advance perhaps the obstruction [movable vehicle] wasn't there when he picked his spot.

It may have been the best spot even though it was not an ideal spot. There was a large area of open water without buildings to snipe from, the elevation of the handover precluded the use of a boat.

He had a shot before the handover but did not take it because of potential dead child. He had a shot after the handover but was directly ordered not to take it.

Last edited by pgogborn : 12-14-2013 at 11:44 AM. Reason: removed stray word took
pgogborn is offline   Reply With Quote