TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-12-2013, 03:23 PM   #1
ustavio

Modem Reset By TiVo Application

I noticed in my Network Status information under MoCA Link History the following entries:
11:18:59 Modem reset by TiVo application
11:23::05 MoCA bandwidth too low
11:36:17 MoCA bandwidth too low
11:45:33 MoCA bandwidth too low

I am assuming that the listed times are GMT (which starts this entries 3:18:59 AM here on the Left Coast). I was asleep for all this. However, I noticed a similar entry in Link History before, which disappeared after a reboot.

I have a Fios Actiontek router and a direct Coax MoCA connection on this box. The Actiontek, isn't a "modem" per se, so I'm just curious as to what this means, if anything. I've never seen the PHY rates drop below 230.

I don't have a Mini but the Roamio spits out two IP addresses, one of which I am told is for a Mini. When I drill into the Actiontek settings I find that the MAC (designated a Hardware Ethernet Switch) that is listed in TiVo Network Status as a Peer Node has 5 ports. One is connected at 1000 mbps Full Duplex, ports 2-4 are "disconnected" and port five is connected at 200 mbps Full Duplex.

And now I'm moving out of my knowledge base so I just wondered if anyone had similar Link History entries wit Fios, if they mean anything, and if there is any possibility that having a "live" Mini connection and no Mini effects anything.
ustavio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:27 PM   #2
Time_Lord

How is the TiVo connected? MoCA, Coax, or both?

If you have both the ethernet and MoCA enabled on the TiVo you probably created a network loop which in turn caused the router to crash.
Time_Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 03:50 PM   #3
jrtroo
User

As I understand it, the two Roamio IPs are for 1) the DVR function and 2) for the Stream function (not mini).