TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-11-2013, 07:55 PM   #1
SugarBowl

Ethernet lights solid, all the time

I just noticed on my roamio basic, which is connected with an Ethernet cable, that the 2 lights on the Ethernet jack are always lit solid. There is a green light, and an orange light. Even when I unplug the Ethernet cable, they are lit solid. Is this normal ?
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 01:45 AM   #2
pautler

I can't say if it is 'normal' or 'by design,' but I have the same behavior on my unit, and all features and functions are working just fine.

It does seem strange though. Usually ethernet interface lights would indicate such things as presence or absence of link, traffic activity, connection speed (10/100/1000), etc.

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 05:33 AM   #3
SugarBowl

Thanks, good to know nothing is wrong. 1 of my 2 minis has suddenly stopped recognizing the host dvr. I repeated guided setup and it says there are no compatible TiVo dvrs on the network. Sounds like something wrong with the mini, and not the roamio.
SugarBowl is offline   Reply With Quote