TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #1
Bill@LakeGeorge

Roamio & TWC Activation Smooth Sailing

I just thought I would praise TWC, since most of the stories are horror. One call no glitches all 6 tuners activated, everything works perfect.

I called 866-606-5889 and spoke to Patrick.

My first 2 Tivo's required multiple visits.
Bill@LakeGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:10 PM   #2
afs12065

Thanks Bill. I'm going to be activating a new Roamio Pro this evening and really appreciate the TWC contact info you provided.
Based on your s/n we're close... I'm in Albany so also on the TWC Capital Region network... and hoping for a smooth experience as well.
When I bought my S3 HD back in 2008 the experience was awful getting it online but I do think TWC has improved their support of non-TWC devices. Fingers crossed!
afs12065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:31 AM   #5
dlfl
Cranky old novice

A minor miracle! Note the telephone number you used is TWC's national CableCARD/Tuning Adapter help desk. They tend to be much more expert than local support. Depending on the local system they sometimes can reach into your account and send signals, etc. For those systems there's rarely any reason to deal with local support.

It takes a few weeks before you can really say everything is working perfectly but I wish you luck!

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

pyTivo users: Try
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 08:56 AM   #6
afs12065

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill@LakeGeorge View Post
I just thought I would praise TWC, since most of the stories are horror. One call no glitches all 6 tuners activated, everything works perfect.

I called 866-606-5889 and spoke to Patrick.

My first 2 Tivo's required multiple visits.
Follow-up: I was also successful in getting my Roamio Pro activated and paired with TWC yesterday afternoon. Called the phone number Bill posted, got Patrick on the phone and within 5 min. everything was up and running with all six tuners working perfectly. Very impressed... especially since they wanted to roll trucks to get my earlier TiVos working.
afs12065 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
dlfl
Cranky old novice

It might be helpful to others if you guys could post your TWC regions/locations, or better yet add it to your profiles so it displays next to your posts.

"It must be swell to be so perfect and odor-free" -- Del Griffith

VideoReDo users: Try

pyTivo users: Try
and
dlfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:35 AM   #8
Bill@LakeGeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfl View Post
It might be helpful to others if you guys could post your TWC regions/locations, or better yet add it to your profiles so it displays next to your posts.
Actually as dlfl stated the number I posted is the national cablecard help desk, which just happens to be in NY.
Bill@LakeGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote