TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-09-2013, 10:54 AM   #31

If we're getting another all-star season I would like to see on of the following.

All 1st place winners race again
All 2nd place winners race again
All last place winners race again.
702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #32
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
I saw zero evidence that they were nothing less than real and spectacular.
Yeah, I don't know... they didn't have the look of fakeys. If they are, her surgeon did a fantastic job.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:09 AM   #33
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by 702 View Post
If we're getting another all-star season I would like to see on of the following.

All 1st place winners race again
All 2nd place winners race again
All last place winners race again.
Agreed. Of course what you'll get is what the producers preceive as popular heroes and villains who are available to race and want their own reality show when this is over
Old 12-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #34
Honora

Quote:
Originally Posted by type_g View Post
Towards the end Pinky and the no brain started growing on me. However annoying they were with there bickering they always strong at the challenges even though they seemed like a deer in headlights during the park scene in Japan.

Also did anyone see her make a gesture of pushing her partner off the boat in Alaska that was funny.

I am glad the doctors got 3rd. You can totally see the teacher/student relationship during the past few legs. Him as a teacher always upset and disappointed and her as a student not fighting back and taking it.

I was so hoping for her to stand up once and get in his face but like any student they never get in the face of a teacher.
My husband said that if he did a "Travis" on me, I'd probably drop the flour sack on his head. I almost wanted to see her bury her ice axe in his skull.
Honora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #35
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
I saw zero evidence that they were nothing less than real and spectacular.
Nah...the one shot coming out of the dressing room made me pause and think they were bolt-ons.

Of course, we are all just guessing. And there are always women who are naturally buxom when being trimmer. I would love to be proven wrong.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:01 PM   #36
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
I was happy with the results, too, although given Travis's attitude toward his wife, I would have been fine if the Afghanimals got third place instead, especially since they did take the gamble on the earlier flight and did get a ~5 minute advantage as a result which almost worked for them.

I almost fast-forwarded the times when Travis was badmouthing his wife's efforts. Not only does it look bad for their relationship, it's also just bad sportsmanship to a teammate.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #37
David Platt
Manually-adjusted

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Nah...the one shot coming out of the dressing room made me pause and think they were bolt-ons. Of course, we are all just guessing. And there are always women who are naturally buxom when being trimmer. I would love to be proven wrong.
I'm not guessing. Bolt-ons don't float like hers did.
David Platt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 02:33 PM   #38
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
I'm not guessing. Bolt-ons don't float like hers did.
Sorry...gotta disagree. Doing more research (Amy Diaz pictures in google) and the pix from her pageant days pretty much tell the story.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #39
laria
Librocubicularist

Yeah, ok, there are some older photos where she's quite flat chested and the tell tale cleavage valley is much more prominent in the later bikini shots than it was in the sports bra thing she was wearing last night.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #40
cherry ghost

Quote:
I'm disappointed in you people. 20 posts and no pics of Amy in the phone booth challenge?

Spoiler:

cherry ghost is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:59 PM   #41
smak
TV MA SLV

Seeing those shots, I'm not sure the goggles are for the water...

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:30 PM   #42
ElJay

Could they have gotten a smaller top for Amy?

Did Travis know that he was miked and on camera? I dunno why you say stuff like that.
ElJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 06:04 AM   #43
hairyblue
A good Man

I like the Afghanimals. They did seem to truly have fun on the race. And seemed truly friendly in all the countries they visited on the race.

Pinky and No Brain were there on business. 60/40 split her way...screw that. A team is 50/50. I think these 2 things defeat the fun and spirit on the race.

Own 2 Tivo Premieres. OTA
Fired DTV for expensive rates on Sept. 2012
hairyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:00 AM   #44
andyw715

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElJay View Post
Could they have gotten a smaller top for Amy?
Yes!
andyw715 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 07:18 AM   #45
Einselen
ɹǝsn pǝɹǝʇsıƃǝɹ

Travis also kept giving her disappointing glares after the task. He tried to redeem himself at the finish line saying he has such high expectations but by then I think it was too little too late. I would be frustrated too but you have to keep your partner motivated and that is what he should have done.

S2 526 HR - Lifetime
Premiere XL4 300 HR - Lifetime

XBL Gamertag - UnseenThought
Einselen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 10:53 AM   #46
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post
Oops... you're right. Ok second try is still better than what, 12th and 22nd?
Heard an interview with Pinky and No Brain and they said they were about 30 minutes behind Jason and Amy after the target practice and there was no way for them to catch up unless Jason or Amy fell off the glacier. They said the only time they saw them after the target practice was at the totem pole thing, and Jason and Amy were almost done when P&NB got there. They think they made up some time on that task, but it was too little, too late.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasVic View Post
I got very tired of the Docs whining about the Afghans being "liars".
Heard an interview with Travis and Nicole and they explained it a little better. They said the Afghanimals were always telling lies throughout the race, like standing in a line at the airport, they'd shout, "I have to get home ASAP, my wife is going into labor!" and then when people would let them to the front of the line and ask when the wife was due, they'd say, "What are you talking about? I'm not married." So Travis and Nicole had had a talk with them and they basically said, we don't care if you want to lie to other people, but we want you to be straight with us. And the Afghanimals said they would absolutely not lie to Travis and Nicole. Then their next interaction was when T&N asked whether the Afghanimals U-turned the Beards, and the Afghanimals lied and were pretty obvious about it. After that, T&N felt they couldn't trust the Afghanimals anymore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hairyblue View Post
I like the Afghanimals. They did seem to truly have fun on the race. And seemed truly friendly in all the countries they visited on the race.

Pinky and No Brain were there on business. 60/40 split her way...screw that. A team is 50/50. I think these 2 things defeat the fun and spirit on the race.
During the interview I heard with them, Pinky explained it that once she applied, there was an eight-month process where she was constantly having to fill out forms and provide more information and just constantly do stuff to push their application forward. She said No Brain didn't help with this at all and she did all the work. And he confirmed that. So when they did get selected, she basically said, "I've done all this work and you've done nothing. Either you give me a larger cut of whatever we win or I'm not going." And he agreed to that because it was only fair at that point. Without her efforts, he wouldn't have been selected nor would he have a chance to win anything.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:15 AM   #47
Azlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevdogAZ View Post
Heard an interview with Pinky and No Brain and they said they were about 30 minutes behind Jason and Amy after the target practice and there was no way for them to catch up unless Jason or Amy fell off the glacier. They said the only time they saw them after the target practice was at the totem pole thing, and Jason and Amy were almost done when P&NB got there. They think they made up some time on that task, but it was too little, too late.

It was pretty clear that the deciding factor in this leg was the supply drop. As soon as Amy got it on her second attempt and it took the other two much longer it was game over at that point.
Azlen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 11:16 AM   #48
bacevedo

It's always so interesting to hear the rest of the story. You know the editors are pushing forth an agenda with their edits, but hearing the rest of the story makes you realize that you really can't make full assessments based on what you see on TV.

Thanks for posting that DevdogAZ.

And Go Devils! It's been a fun season!
bacevedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:48 PM   #49
FrodoB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azlen View Post
It was pretty clear that the deciding factor in this leg was the supply drop. As soon as Amy got it on her second attempt and it took the other two much longer it was game over at that point.
I was really disappointed in the final leg for exactly that reason. The scenery was gorgeous, I'm sure the contestants had some experiences (especially in the tunnel) that they'll never forget, but there was no real suspense or possibility of a team catching up. A million dollars came down to basically "who can most quickly figure out the physics of bomb dropping", and the rest was just filler. But then, it's not the first relatively unfair (or at least unbalanced) leg design this season - I've already written about the Vienna choir challenge.

Maybe if that had been the last task, or at least right before the totem builds, things would've been more interesting. But I can totally understand how it would have been impractical to have all three teams on the glacier tasks simultaneously.
FrodoB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 12:57 PM   #50
type_g

Quote:
Originally Posted by bacevedo View Post
It's always so interesting to hear the rest of the story. You know the editors are pushing forth an agenda with their edits, but hearing the rest of the story makes you realize that you really can't make full assessments based on what you see on TV.

Thanks for posting that DevdogAZ.

And Go Devils! It's been a fun season!
yeah i never watched the after interview things and those insights basically tells the other side of the story and make things make a little more sense. Decent season, can't wait for the next in February.

PS - DevDogAZ and bacevedo you have football i have basketball !!!!
Go Catssssss time for BASKETBALL SEASON
Old 12-10-2013, 01:04 PM   #51
That Don Guy
Now with more GB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Of course what you'll get is what the producers preceive as popular heroes and villains who are available to race and want their own reality show when this is over
I'm surprised the producers don't do what they do on American Idol (or, IIRC, America's Got Talent) - all contestants have to sign a contract saying that the producers have the right to sign them to representation contracts (i.e. the producers are the contestants' agents).

How many AR winners who were not also on Survivor have gone on to their own shows, anyway? (For that matter, it's not as if Survivor itself is an automatic launching pad to stardom, although Jenna Morasca who? Jenna Morasca who?? (sigh) Survivor Amazon Winner Jenna well, why didn't you say that in the first place? is on Entertainment Weekly Radio's morning show.)
That Don Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #52
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
I do wish they'd be more honest with the editing. It sure looked like they were close toward the end of the totem challenge. In fact, I've always wanted a clock when they show the team's standing at various points. Such as John & Jane, 2nd place, 5 minutes behind leader. But I get that makes the show less dramatic.

But as we've determined, they can lie and deceive us all they want, because apparently it's not a game show, but an entertainment show.

Quote:
Heard an interview with Travis and Nicole and they explained it a little better. They said the Afghanimals were always telling lies throughout the race, like standing in a line at the airport, they'd shout, "I have to get home ASAP, my wife is going into labor!" and then when people would let them to the front of the line and ask when the wife was due, they'd say, "What are you talking about? I'm not married." So Travis and Nicole had had a talk with them and they basically said, we don't care if you want to lie to other people, but we want you to be straight with us. And the Afghanimals said they would absolutely not lie to Travis and Nicole. Then their next interaction was when T&N asked whether the Afghanimals U-turned the Beards, and the Afghanimals lied and were pretty obvious about it. After that, T&N felt they couldn't trust the Afghanimals anymore.
Not surprised. They seemed like real jerks to me. As I said, I thought they played a mean spirited game, and it seems they were worse than edited. Probably because they knew they were coming back next season, so they wanted to paint a rosier picture of the team.
Old 12-10-2013, 02:30 PM   #53
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
A million dollars came down to basically "who can most quickly figure out the physics of bomb dropping", and the rest was just filler.
The totem pole challenge had the possibility of tripping teams just like the flag one from last season. The last team that arrived to that challenge actually won the competition.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #54
verdugan

Quote:
Originally Posted by loubob57 View Post
I wanted Pinky to win just because so many people would have hated that.

Glad to see a nice team win in the end. This is the only leg where coming in second sucks.
The worst thing that could've happen to Pinky & No Brain (from a popularity point of view) was winning the speed pass. If you remove her attitude regarding that, they weren't that bad.

Sure, she could be a hard a$$ and was mean to No Brain, and they both couldn't follow clues, but she was a pretty good competitor.
verdugan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:09 PM   #55
DevdogAZ
Give em Hell, Devils

Quote:
Originally Posted by verdugan View Post
The totem pole challenge had the possibility of tripping teams just like the flag one from last season. The last team that arrived to that challenge actually won the competition.
Jason and Amy said that challenge took them between 1-2 hours, and that they were a little over halfway done when Tim and Marie showed up. They also said that challenge was much more difficult than it appeared on TV. They said they didn't know a couple of the currencies, and they only were able to complete it because the way the pieces fit together with the ones they did know, it essentially left them only a couple of options for the last two so they were able to figure it out.
Old 12-10-2013, 03:24 PM   #56
JFriday
"Just The Facts"

I was happy with the winning team. The 2 teams that grew on me were Pinkie and No Brain and the Afghanimals. I don't think anyone went from beloved to hated as fast as the doctors. Man she was horrible on the challenges and he was a dick.
JFriday is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #57
stellie93

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrodoB View Post
I was really disappointed in the final leg for exactly that reason. The scenery was gorgeous, I'm sure the contestants had some experiences (especially in the tunnel) that they'll never forget, but there was no real suspense or possibility of a team catching up.
I did like the idea that there weren't really any opportunities for a bad cab driver to lose the whole thing for you, though.

Quote:
Jason and Amy said that challenge took them between 1-2 hours, and that they were a little over halfway done when Tim and Marie showed up. They also said that challenge was much more difficult than it appeared on TV. They said they didn't know a couple of the currencies, and they only were able to complete it because the way the pieces fit together with the ones they did know, it essentially left them only a couple of options for the last two so they were able to figure it out.
They kept saying they didn't know the currencies, and I was afraid it was going to mess them up. I figured the doctors and Pinky would have remembered them better. It did look hard.

We thought Amy shouldn't help the doctors because they were more of a threat, but in the end she was right--if you have to help them, they're not that good.
stellie93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #58
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellie93 View Post
I did like the idea that there weren't really any opportunities for a bad cab driver to lose the whole thing for you, though.
I was going to post pretty much the same statement.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:06 PM   #59
smak
TV MA SLV

They said they didn't know the currencies, then as far as I remember, they were just done. No explanation about how they figured it out, no anything really.

Previous years have used the final puzzle as sort of a flashback to previous cities, but unless I somehow missed it, there was none of that this year.

I heard Peso, and one other currency talked about, and then they were done.

-smak-
smak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 04:24 PM   #60
martinp13
YHTBMABIITY

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
But as we've determined, they can lie and deceive us all they want, because apparently it's not a game show, but an entertainment show.
Jeopardy is 100% game show, because you see everything that happens. Amazing Race, Survivor, ad nauseum are game show for the contestants, entertainment show for us. Especially for the shows where it's all filmed before anything is shown, the producers try to tell the "story" in the most entertaining way possible.

Come join us <dates TBD>!
martinp13 is offline   Reply With Quote