Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-08-2013, 11:26 PM   #1
JLucPicard

TC CLUB MEMBER
The Amazing Race Finale - "Amazing Crazy Race" 12/08/2013

I am very happy with the winners!

And Travis is a major BUTT! Did he do so many of the early roadblocks that Nicole had to do all of the later ones? If not, STFU and do them yourself! I wound up feeling bad for Nicole. But she really was bad at those challenges!

And finally, no idiot taxi drivers affecting the outcome.
JLucPicard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #2
hummingbird_206

Yep, I'm happy about the winners. Pinky and No Brain were very entertaining and glad to see them 2nd.
hummingbird_206 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 12:08 AM   #3
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummingbird_206 View Post
Yep, I'm happy about the winners. Pinky and No Brain were very entertaining and glad to see them 2nd.
Yep that is the exact order I wanted them to finish in as I begun watching.

Travis really turned me off the last few episodes.
Old 12-09-2013, 12:25 AM   #4
murgatroyd
Don't stop believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLucPicard View Post
And Travis is a major BUTT! Did he do so many of the early roadblocks that Nicole had to do all of the later ones? If not, STFU and do them yourself! I wound up feeling bad for Nicole. But she really was bad at those challenges!
I wondered about this, too. Don't they usually make the teams divide them up? But I wasn't keeping track in the early episodes.

I don't get how you can be an ER doctor and not understand how to work a problem.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:18 AM   #5
Byteofram
Survivor of C-bus

Glad they won too...after the bearded guys went out, they became a favorite. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they had to split all the road blocks evenly and so Travis must have done a lot in the beginning, but I never pay attention in the beginning of the season.
Byteofram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:36 AM   #6
VegasVic
Craps Player

Yes they have to have done an equal amount of roadblocks.

Unfortunately I knew the Afghanimals weren't going to win so that spoiled it a little bit for me.

I hope we never see the Docs again. I know editing can distort things but I can't stand bitchy, whiny guys like that. And I sure wouldn't want Nicole treating me in the ER or even for a cold.

Pinky and No Brain grew on me during the race, I wouldn't have minded if they had won but overall I'm happy with the outcome.

I'm not really looking forward to all returning teams on the next race.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 AM   #7
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I wanted Pinky to win just because so many people would have hated that.

Glad to see a nice team win in the end. This is the only leg where coming in second sucks.
Old 12-09-2013, 06:40 AM   #8
heySkippy
oldweakandpathetic

That was a good run to the finish. I got a kick out of one of them (can't remember which) asking the taxi driver in Alaska if he spoke English. I guess that gets to be a habit after a while on the race.

meh
heySkippy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 06:54 AM   #9
VegasVic
Craps Player

I like that Pinky made no brain sign a 60/40 split agreement.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:21 AM   #10
Maui
Major Lee Oblivious

Quote:
Originally Posted by heySkippy View Post
That was a good run to the finish. I got a kick out of one of them (can't remember which) asking the taxi driver in Alaska if he spoke English. I guess that gets to be a habit after a while on the race.
Yeah, Asking the cab driver in Alaska if they spoke English was funny, especially when the driver replied "All my life"
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 AM   #11
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

The order was right for me, and I was glad the obnoxious Afghanimals didn't make the final three. I liked the ER doctors until the last 3 episodes, but the guy was just relentless berating his wife to the point of tears. I almost expected her to say, after the race we are getting divorced, I can't stand him anymore!!

Pinky, as much as I thought she acted like a jerk most of the race was actually pretty awesome the last few legs and I had no problem with them finishing second.

I was SOOO jealous of the things they had to do in Juneau. When we were there, we had planned on taking a helicopter to a glacier and hike like that, but it was too foggy. That looked like so much fun. Great place to end the race!!
Old 12-09-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maui View Post
Yeah, Asking the cab driver in Alaska if they spoke English was funny, especially when the driver replied "All my life"
Have you been in a cab in the US? I have had quite a few cabbies who's English was limited in NYC.

In Edmonton, CA one time, I got into a cab and the driver had SUCH a thick Scottish brogue I couldn't make out a word he was saying. His English was impossible to understand. Turns out, he said he was a native of Edmonton!! Next cab driver I had in Edmonton, was born in India and his English was almost perfect. Shows you can't assume anything
Old 12-09-2013, 07:54 AM   #13
TonyTheTiger
Pro Troll Magnet

At least Jamey was the least obnoxious of the four teams left!

The back story of Pinky applying on the last day of applications and NoBrain was the only one available was funny. I'm glad they didn't win for many reasons including the 'contract' she made him sign!

I, too, knew of the Afghanimals not winning. I guess it's safe to say openly that they are running the 'All-Stars' race that will be on in February along with the Globetrotter, Margie & Luke, the Cowboys and others.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #14
laria
Librocubicularist

Yay, my favorites won. Gotta root for the semi-locals!

Travis was a total jerk the last couple legs.

While I didn't want them to win, I didn't find Pinky and NoBrain as bad as a lot of other people did. She was bossy and kind of a you-know-what, but for the most part they got stuff done. And she totally rocked that robot challenge.

The ending was not very suspenseful... they tried to edit it that way but you could tell that it wasn't even close after the Boston couple got the plane thing on the first try.

Not looking forward to more Afghanimals. Although if they lay off the ululating and finding some hot chicks to play schmoopy "Race Wives" with, then maybe they wouldn't be as bad.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 AM   #15
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by laria View Post

While I didn't want them to win, I didn't find Pinky and NoBrain as bad as a lot of other people did. She was bossy and kind of a you-know-what, but for the most part they got stuff done. And she totally rocked that robot challenge.

The ending was not very suspenseful... they tried to edit it that way but you could tell that it wasn't even close after the Boston couple got the plane thing on the first try.

Not looking forward to more Afghanimals. Although if they lay off the ululating and finding some hot chicks to play schmoopy "Race Wives" with, then maybe they wouldn't be as bad.

Second try.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:32 AM   #16
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeak View Post
Second try.
Oops... you're right. Ok second try is still better than what, 12th and 22nd?
Old 12-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #17
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:

Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I'm not looking forward to next season. We're either getting teams I liked a third time or teams I didn't like back again. Hopefully the locations will make up for the lack of interest in the teams.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #18
tripmac
NASA Supporter

I will say as much as I didn't like the Afganimals, I did enjoy their spirit. They seemed to enjoy the tasks and had a good time. So many times I see the teams in such a rush they fear taking a second and enjoying what they are doing and where they are that I want to scream at the tv to slow down and look around.
Old 12-09-2013, 08:54 AM   #19
refried

Quote:
Oops... you're right. Ok second try is still better than what, 12th and 22nd?
Makes me wonder how many bags of flour were on board the planes. Did they have to land at some point to get more bags to drop?
refried is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:15 AM   #20
laria
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
Pretty much my sentiments exactly. I'm not looking forward to next season. We're either getting teams I liked a third time or teams I didn't like back again. Hopefully the locations will make up for the lack of interest in the teams.
Yeah... I can't tell you how much I'm dreading watching Luke whine his way through another race. Glad about some of the other teams though, like the Globetrotters. Flight Time and Big Easy are some of my all time favs.

The Afghanimals have not been as annoying since the hockey ditzes exited, so that's why I'm thinking maybe there's a little hope for them.
Old 12-09-2013, 09:45 AM   #21
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
I'm disappointed in you people. 20 posts and no pics of Amy in the phone booth challenge?
David Platt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 09:52 AM   #22
Squeak
An Inert Gas

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
I'm disappointed in you people. 20 posts and no pics of Amy in the phone booth challenge?
The extra saline was making it hard for her to stay submerged!
Old 12-09-2013, 10:10 AM   #23
VegasVic
Craps Player

Quote:

Old 12-09-2013, 10:21 AM   #24
type_g

Towards the end Pinky and the no brain started growing on me. However annoying they were with there bickering they always strong at the challenges even though they seemed like a deer in headlights during the park scene in Japan.

Also did anyone see her make a gesture of pushing her partner off the boat in Alaska that was funny.

I am glad the doctors got 3rd. You can totally see the teacher/student relationship during the past few legs. Him as a teacher always upset and disappointed and her as a student not fighting back and taking it.

I was so hoping for her to stand up once and get in his face but like any student they never get in the face of a teacher.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:33 AM   #25
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmac View Post
I will say as much as I didn't like the Afganimals, I did enjoy their spirit. They seemed to enjoy the tasks and had a good time. So many times I see the teams in such a rush they fear taking a second and enjoying what they are doing and where they are that I want to scream at the tv to slow down and look around.
I felt their enthusiasm was fake. It never felt spontaneous to me, more like they were auditioning for something after TAR, or, another go at it (which is what happened) And I felt they were devious in a very mean spirited way. That's fine if they felt that was their best way to win, but that doesn't mean I have to like them.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #26
VegasVic
Craps Player

I got very tired of the Docs whining about the Afghans being "liars".
Old 12-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #27
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Yeah... I can't tell you how much I'm dreading watching Luke whine his way through another race. Glad about some of the other teams though, like the Globetrotters. Flight Time and Big Easy are some of my all time favs.

The Afghanimals have not been as annoying since the hockey ditzes exited, so that's why I'm thinking maybe there's a little hope for them.
I like the Globetrotters too, but enough already. There's lots of teams they could have brought back. It bugs me in the other games when they keep bringing the same teams back over and over.
Old 12-09-2013, 10:36 AM   #28
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Platt View Post
Yeah, and they showed some, ummm, interesting angles too. If I wasn't at work, I'd go out and find a pic.

For that reason alone, I'm glad they won
Old 12-09-2013, 10:46 AM   #29
David Platt
Have an A-1 Day!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
I saw zero evidence that they were nothing less than real and spectacular.
David Platt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 10:47 AM   #30
DavidTigerFan
Transporter Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
I like the Globetrotters too, but enough already. There's lots of teams they could have brought back. It bugs me in the other games when they keep bringing the same teams back over and over.
Was it the globetrotters that gave up with the phone challenge in i think polad?

Xbox Live: DTigerFan
DavidTigerFan is offline   Reply With Quote