TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-06-2013, 08:41 AM   #1
NIGHT STALKER

6 Tuner question in Carolinas

Just received my my new Roamio Plus and two minis. We are on TWC here and in my research, TWC only supports 2 tuner cards and in their boxes as well. I am upgrading from an HD and believed from conversations with cable reps and Tivo reps that a firmware update would enable additional tuners. We are located in Lexington, SC. Am I FUBARed?
NIGHT STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 08:51 AM   #2
JosephB

I believe FCC regulations require that they support at least four tuners

Former: S1, S2 TiVos, UltimateTV, SD DirecTiVo (x3), SA 8300HD w/Passport Echo, DirecTV HR-24 (x2) , DISH 722k, DirecTV Genie + 2 mini
JosephB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 01:54 PM   #3
palover

Quote:
TWC only supports 2 tuner cards and in their boxes as well.
TW only supplies boxes with 2 tuners (or so I was told), but I don't see that affecting Tivo boxes. I've got TW in NC and a Premiere 4, and all four tuners worked fine from day one.
palover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:41 PM   #4
mpaquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by NIGHT STALKER View Post
Just received my my new Roamio Plus and two minis. We are on TWC here and in my research, TWC only supports 2 tuner cards and in their boxes as well. I am upgrading from an HD and believed from conversations with cable reps and Tivo reps that a firmware update would enable additional tuners. We are located in Lexington, SC. Am I FUBARed?
I'm also in Lexington, SC and on TWC. I don't have a Roamio yet, but I do have 2 Premieres with cable cards. The firmware update that will be installed after you activate them support more than 2 tuners. I'll check my firmware and post it here later this evening.
mpaquette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #5
NIGHT STALKER

Thanks all for the info. Did get them connected and working The TWC rep was helpful and paired the card to my new Tivo no problem. All six tuners work great!! Two issues though, the Tivo tech rep I called to ask a question told me point blank no question the new Roamio has a built-in TA and I can bag the old one. NOT TRUE. It is still needed! Don't know why they would say this? Also one mini was defective out the box and was returned. New Roamio is fast! and mini is great too.
NIGHT STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote