TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 10-27-2013, 07:27 PM   #1
pautler

Is it possible to stream photos & music from a PC to a Roamio?

I have a Windows7 PC hard drive full of many years worth of digital camera photos and mp3 music. I would like to be able to access all of this content from my Roamio (basic) unit. Is this possible?

I downloaded and installed the TiVo Desktop Plus software to my Win7 PC, but I' not having any luck getting the Roamio and the PC to 'see' each other.

The Roamio doesn't even seem to have menu options for this sort of thing - the only options I see under 'photos' are for online services Picassa and PhotoBucket.... but yet I have seen a few articles and postings indicating that photo & music content from a PC on the home network can also be accessed from the Roamio.

Can anyone confirm if this type of functionality is supposed to be there? If so, I will trouble-shoot further.

I tried searching this forum, but all of the references to 'streaming' seem to have to do with streaming content from the Roamio to other devices, instead of the other way around.

Thanks!

-Joe
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 08:19 PM   #2
pautler

Ooh! Ooh! I think I am on to something! It turns out that the TiVo Server wasn't running properly on my PC. I used the TiVo desktop cleaner to uninstall the Desktop software, then I reinstalled it as 'administrator,' and now the TiVo server is running... and now I can see my photos and music from my Roamio, and within the Desktop software I can view all of the recording that are on my Roamio. Very cool.
pautler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 09:49 PM   #3
rcase13

Yeah it would be even cooler if the TiVo Mini's could see them as well. Or better yet just natively support DLNA like every other device on the planet...
rcase13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 10:29 PM   #4
CrispyCritter
Purple Ribbon Wearer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcase13 View Post
Yeah it would be even cooler if the TiVo Mini's could see them as well. Or better yet just natively support DLNA like every other device on the planet...
Like Roku???

DLNA seems to be a dead alley going forward as far as I can tell. I'm not aware of any major new support for it.
Old 12-06-2013, 10:26 AM   #5
NoVa

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrispyCritter View Post

DLNA seems to be a dead alley going forward as far as I can tell. I'm not aware of any major new support for it.
But isn't all the major component makers still putting in on their boxes & constantly hyping it in there adverts?

My new Panny TV has DLNA on it & I was planning to use it to stream content from my PC just because that is an option not the ultimate solution.
NoVa is offline   Reply With Quote