TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-05-2013, 08:35 PM   #1
pgoelz

Head's up.... warranty replacement issue

Just to let you all know that according to a tech support supervisor this evening, Tivo apparently has NO WAY of processing a warranty replacement for an item that is currently out of stock (to be shipped when it is once again in stock). They may tell you it is processed, but it probably is not.

A couple weeks ago, they were supposed to ship a warranty replacement slide remote (it was in stock at the time) but when I asked about it today (I had called about something else and was just checking... I know they are currently out of stock) they could not find the order..... at all. And worse, they could not even create a new one one because it is still out of stock. Worse still, they don't have a system to create the order later when it is in stock.

So anyone looking for a warranty replacement on an item that is not in stock, beware. They may tell you it will ship later but don't count on it.

Paul
pgoelz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:05 PM   #2
rainwater

Yeah, TiVo has always used new retail hardware to replace devices under their warranty replacement. It sucks when they are out of stock but I assume they don't deal with enough replacements to make it worthwhile to keep separate hardware.
rainwater is offline   Reply With Quote