TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Help Center
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-30-2013, 02:03 AM   #1
pninen

Angry long standing schedule problem

For perhaps six weeks now, TiVo customers on San Diego Time Warner have been receiving wildly wrong schedule information for UCSD TV (channel 135). This causes TiVos to record the wrong programs, etc.

I have three times reported this to TiVo, with no results. Each time they say they've entered the problem and somebody else has to get around to looking at it.

Its a strange error. Some days the schedule is partly right, but most days it is completely wrong at all times during the day. It is as if the schedule is off by several days.

To demonstrate how wildly different the schedules are, I have copied a small section of today's schedule below.

Schedule for 11/30/2013, as displayed on TiVo (wrong)...
12 AM - Gretchen Ruben: Don't Worry Be Happy Now
1 AM - Walk Togeyther for Freedom: Jahangir
2 AM - Salman Rushdie- Revelle Forum
3 AM - To Be Human: Historical Christian Views

Schedule for 11/30/2013 as shown on UCSD.TV web site (right)...
12 AM - Global Health and Global Threats with Laurie Garrett
12:30 AM - Brain Mapping
1:30 AM - Chronicalling Cancer from the Best Seller to the Big Screen
2 AM - Iraq's Journey from Dictator to Democracy
3 AM - Ethics and the Modern Corp

Anybody else suffer from this problem? Hey, if so, please give TiVo a call, because they need some more encouragement.

I can understand occasional schedule mistakes, but they ought to be able to get them fixed within a few days, and apparently they don't.
pninen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #2
HerronScott

TiVo their listing information from zap2it. You can see what they have listed here (select change my location and enter your zip code and then select the correct provider)

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlistings/ZCGrid.do?aid=zap2it

and you can report issues here

http://www.zap2it.com/services/site/...5576.htmlstory

Scott
  4. S1 Phillips - 120GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
  5. S1 Sony - 30GB - Lifetime transferred to S3
HerronScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 08:48 AM   #3
steve614
what ru lookin at?

You might want to compare your lineup with what is listed at Zap2it, as that is where TiVo gets the guide info from (IIRC).

http://www.zap2it.com/

If it is wrong there, then you know why it is wrong on Tivo, and you should report the error to them as well.

Along with calling TiVo, you can also report your lineup issue on TiVo's website.

http://www.tivo.com/lineup

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

F*CK CANCER!
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 01:22 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by pninen View Post
For perhaps six weeks now, TiVo customers on San Diego Time Warner have been receiving wildly wrong schedule information for UCSD TV (channel 135). This causes TiVos to record the wrong programs, etc.

I have three times reported this to TiVo, with no results. Each time they say they've entered the problem and somebody else has to get around to looking at it.

Its a strange error. Some days the schedule is partly right, but most days it is completely wrong at all times during the day. It is as if the schedule is off by several days.

To demonstrate how wildly different the schedules are, I have copied a small section of today's schedule below.

Schedule for 11/30/2013, as displayed on TiVo (wrong)...
12 AM - Gretchen Ruben: Don't Worry Be Happy Now
1 AM - Walk Togeyther for Freedom: Jahangir
2 AM - Salman Rushdie- Revelle Forum
3 AM - To Be Human: Historical Christian Views

Schedule for 11/30/2013 as shown on UCSD.TV web site (right)...
12 AM - Global Health and Global Threats with Laurie Garrett
12:30 AM - Brain Mapping
1:30 AM - Chronicalling Cancer from the Best Seller to the Big Screen
2 AM - Iraq's Journey from Dictator to Democracy
3 AM - Ethics and the Modern Corp

Anybody else suffer from this problem? Hey, if so, please give TiVo a call, because they need some more encouragement.

I can understand occasional schedule mistakes, but they ought to be able to get them fixed within a few days, and apparently they don't.

Call the station, ask to speak with the person in charge of providing listings to Tribune Media Services, tell them what's going on, see if the listings are wrong leaving the station or only getting screwed up after TMS gets hold of them.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:30 AM   #5
pninen

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve614 View Post
You might want to compare your lineup with what is listed at Zap2it, as that is where TiVo gets the guide info from (IIRC).

http://www.zap2it.com/

If it is wrong there, then you know why it is wrong on Tivo, and you should report the error to them as well.
It is indeed wrong on zap2it also. I've reported this to them. Thanks for that suggestion.

Quote:
Along with calling TiVo, you can also report your lineup issue on TiVo's website.
Have done that several times now. They close the items I report, and give them status "solved" when in fact they have solved nothing.
Old 12-04-2013, 02:25 AM   #6
pninen

And tvguide.com has it right!
Old 12-04-2013, 09:03 AM   #7
steve614
what ru lookin at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by pninen View Post
It is indeed wrong on zap2it also. I've reported this to them. Thanks for that suggestion.

Have done that [reported wrong channel lineup to TiVo] several times now. They close the items I report, and give them status "solved" when in fact they have solved nothing.
Hmm. I'd bet all TiVo does, is compare the lineup on your box with Zap2it. The two lineups must have matched, and TiVo considered all is well. They don't think about the possibility of Zap2it being wrong and considers the case solved.

Keep after Zap2it. Get them to correct their data. Then, when you contact TiVo, they will see that the lineups don't match anymore and hopefully pass along the correct data to the boxes.

F*CK CANCER!

Last edited by steve614 : 12-04-2013 at 09:14 AM.
steve614 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 11:15 PM   #8
pninen

Finally got a response this morning from UCSD-TV. They said (one month after I first reported this) that "We've been getting several complaints from cable customers about schedule." I'll bet. They say Tribune Media screwed up and they just now got around to talking with them. They used the excuse that TM's services to them are "free". I had to explain to them that although their services are "free" there is damage done to UCSD-TV if people can't watch their product, so they should care, and monitor zap2it, or yahoo or some other TM endpoint and correct problems within a day or 2 instead of waiting for me to complain and then waiting a month to respond.

Meanwhile I looked at the "my support" page on TiVo.com, and see my complaints are marked "solved", so I chatted with them. They claim that "solved" doesn't mean that a ticket is closed, and they claim the "investigation" is still underway. I told them that one month of "investigation" was an inappropriate length of time.

If "solved" doesn't mean "closed", then it appears that there is no way for a customer to tell if a ticket is closed. I have 3 year old items in my list which are marked "solved", and I really believe those tickets are closed. I asked "What does solved mean?" The answer I got was "Its just a tag."

Meanwhile, the schedule of course is still wrong.
Old 12-07-2013, 12:37 AM   #9
pninen

Zap2it has fixed UCSD-TV's schedule, but TiVo has not yet.

They both get their data from Tribune Media. (Actually I think TM runs Zap2it)

The woman at UCSD-TV today told me she's waiting for a response from Tribune Media. She was surprised that the error persisted into December, as she had thought that they simply had all of November wrong.

Last edited by pninen : 12-07-2013 at 12:43 AM.