TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-14-2013, 12:34 PM   #1
Mr.Broncosfan
Mesa, AZ

Roamio in the Cox-Phoenix Market

I'm thinking about upgrading my S3 for a Roamio Plus and was curious to know if anybody in the Phoenix area has done so. Seeing the thread about the Tuner 5/6 not working has been holding me off. So, anybody in Phoenix using Cox have any success stories?
Mr.Broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 03:24 PM   #2
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

All 6 tuners running with no problem and I bought mine the first day they were available. I had a cable card issue that I thought was the Roamio but as a last ditch effort I got a new cable card and the problem went away.

The nature of the problem, in case anyone else sees this, is that upon reboot it sometimes took 2 to 4 boots to get the picture to not be severely pixelated. Once it seemed to be working correctly it would hum right along for a week or two and they it would be messed up and require a reboot. Since I got the new cable card the problem has not come back.

I have and HD and a Premiere as well and they are painful to use now that I have the Roamio. It's so much faster!
Old 11-16-2013, 10:50 AM   #3
Mr.Broncosfan
Mesa, AZ

That's great to hear. I appreciate the feedback and will be pulling the trigger on a Roamio Plus soon! I'll probably wait to see if there is a good deal on cyber Monday.
Mr.Broncosfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

I also had the severe macroblocking, everytime, after a restart/reboot, But it did not happen if restarted on a Local channel, only on channels that were copy protected, (which are most in Phoenix). SW update 20.3.7.1a seems to have mostly fixed the issue. I did not replace my CableCARD.

All 6 Tuners work 95-99% of the time, but not 100%
SW update 20.3.7.1a also has mostly fixed this issue.

When a tuner stops working, I reboot the Tuning Adapter and the Roamio and all six tuners work again, I end up rebooting both, every week or two.

Margret has said there is a bug in the Cisco TA firmware,
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...37#post9857937

One other strange issue I have, if I reboot with a recording in progress, the recording does not resume after the Roamio restarts.

Cisco SDV TA, FW - STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601
Cisco CC FW - PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:32 PM   #5
aztivo

Had one since the first week. Have had 0 issues with it or CC
aztivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:14 AM   #6
oosik77
TiVo Maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post
I also had the severe macroblocking, everytime, after a restart/reboot, But it did not happen if restarted on a Local channel, only on channels that were copy protected, (which are most in Phoenix). SW update 20.3.7.1a seems to have mostly fixed the issue. I did not replace my CableCARD.

When a tuner stops working, I reboot the Tuning Adapter and the Roamio and all six tuners work again, I end up rebooting both, every week or two.

Get a replacement CC and see if that does not cure it. I haven't had to reboot now since I replaced the card about 8 weeks ago. Prior to that it was every week to 10 days.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:17 AM   #7
CoxInPHX
COX Communications

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoxInPHX View Post

One other strange issue I have, if I reboot with a recording in progress, the recording does not resume after the Roamio restarts.

Cisco SDV TA, FW - STA1.0.0_1520_LR_F.1601
Cisco CC FW - PKEY1.5.3_F.p.0601
Quote:
Originally Posted by oosik77 View Post
Get a replacement CC and see if that does not cure it. I haven't had to reboot now since I replaced the card about 8 weeks ago. Prior to that it was every week to 10 days.
I ended up getting the Roamio Pro replaced and the following issues are resolved. I believe I had one or more faulty tuners.
  • Macroblocking, every-time, after a restart/reboot
  • Recordings not resuming after a restart/reboot

CoxInPHX is offline   Reply With Quote