TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-27-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
rijowysock

going from premiere to roamio....

can i simply swap the cable card and the other box from the cable company into the roamio or do i need to call the cable company out again to set those items up?

just bought a roamio tonight and have premiere at home.
rijowysock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 PM   #2
aristoBrat

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post
can i simply swap the cable card and the other box from the cable company into the roamio or do i need to call the cable company out again to set those items up?

I simply swapped the card from the Premiere to the Roamio and then had the cable company pair it again.

Before you pull it out of the Premiere, you might want to check the firmware version of the cable card, as if it's old, there may be issues you run into with the extra tuners the Roamio has.
Series 3 OLED (x2)
DirecTiVo (x3)
Series 1
aristoBrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 10:38 PM   #3
tomhorsley

Yep. I swapped the cable card, and called comcast (bracing myself for hours on the phone :-), but 10 minutes later, the card was correctly paired and the roamio was getting encrypted channels OK.

They wanted to know the serial number which you need to read off the card itself. I took a photograph of the card I could use while on the phone. They also want a couple of ID numbers that should be on the screen after you insert the card in the roamio during guided setup.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 11:32 PM   #4
grey ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomhorsley View Post
Yep. I swapped the cable card, and called comcast (bracing myself for hours on the phone :-), but 10 minutes later, the card was correctly paired and the roamio was getting encrypted channels OK.

They wanted to know the serial number which you need to read off the card itself. I took a photograph of the card I could use while on the phone. They also want a couple of ID numbers that should be on the screen after you insert the card in the roamio during guided setup.
You can also find the card serial number on the CableCARD Diag screen on the Tivo
grey ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 11:13 AM   #5
rarceneaux

Quote:
Originally Posted by rijowysock View Post

With charter they have to Change the host ID when you swap to another Tivo and then it will work.
rarceneaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 04:46 PM   #6
rijowysock

thank you guys. sorry for delay, havent had time to change it.. ugh.. maybe later if time warner is available.
rijowysock is offline   Reply With Quote