TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 02-06-2014, 06:02 AM   #1
mpnret

New Roamio Pro recording shows before setup complete

I purchased a new pro from TiVo to replace my XL4. My plan was to leave my XL4 connected and operational during the pro setup. So I set the pro up on my network (without the Comcast cable card) did all the updates and called in to TiVo and they transferred service from my XL4. At that time they also activated a new service on my XL4 which will keep it active so I have time to transfer my shows. Then I can cancel that service within 30 days and get a refund.
Everything was as expected up to this point. The pro is just sitting there without a cc and nothing done except for the initial setup and activation. I look at it and see the red record light on and see it is recording channel 1 which is VOD on Comcast. I stop it and assume it is a fluke. Later I again see the red light on and apparently it has downloaded a show "1337 Wine TV" over the net connection. I now look in season pass manager an I see one show "King of the Nerds" set up on season pass. Any thoughts on this? It's a brand new pro just received from TiVo and sure looks untouched. Later today I plan to transfer season passes and finally my shows from the XL4 and follow up with the cc swap.
mpnret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 11:10 AM   #2
mpnret

I just double checked this and found that "1337 Wine TV" is actually a season pass in download manager and "King of the Nerds" is actually set up in the wish list.
Called TiVo and they were baffled. Their records show the box as brand new. They did ask me what I want to do. At this point It's nothing I guess.
Old 02-07-2014, 06:25 AM   #3
supasta

If you plan on keeping the box, I would suggest performing a Clear and Delete Everything on the box.

Someone would have to have used the box. Season passes can be setup online, however wishlists cannot. Did the box start with Guided Setup when you plugged it in?

XBOX LIVE: fiftyfootfang
supasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 10:25 AM   #4
mpnret

TiVo swears it's brand new and it does appear to be but with the wishlist and season pass I am suspicious. It did start with guided setup. I wish I thought of the Clear and Delete earlier. It's too late now. Everything is setup, season passes and shows transferred from my XL4. Everything is working fine but I will be keeping a close eye on it.