TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2014, 05:08 PM   #1
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
Time Warner Brooklyn and Queens channel lineup chages

Tonight at midnight, my TWC channel lineup is significantly changing here in Brooklyn. I believe the change happened last night in Queens. I've read previous threads from other areas of the US where these lineup changes have occurred and it looks like every other market has been a mess for TiVo owners.

I've got a Roamio with about 200 Season Passes. From what I have read, it looks like even after re-running guided setup, most people still had to re-do all most of their SPs because the actual call letters of the channels have changed (previously SD and HD/DT were different channels, whereas now TWC is putting both on the same channel and allegedly showing you the best quality based on what your setup supports). So if I've got SPs on HBOHD, SHOHD, NBCDT, TNTHD, FXHD, and so on - none of those channels actually exist anymore so they won't be remapped. Easily 75% of my Season Passes and To Do list fall into this situation. I'm pretty freaked by the thought of having to manually re-enter all of my SPs and upcoming recordings.

Wondering if anyone in Queens who got the channel lineup change yesterday can report in on how they fared? We're getting hit here in Brooklyn 11201 at midnight tonight, like it or not
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:48 PM   #2
59er
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 292
Manhattan is supposed to get the new lineup next week (6/10). I'm hoping it goes well, and feeling nervous.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:04 AM   #3
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
The fun has begun. Woke up this morning to see that the lineup had changed, as expected. All of my tuners were "no signal" because they were left on what were channels we watch last night and this morning those channels were all premium sports channels that we don't subscribe to.

I didn't panic. I went into TiVo Central -> Messages and Settings -> Settings -> Channels -> Channel List -> Pressed Enter and re-rand guided setup. Much to my surprise, within 30-40 minutes I had the correct guide data.

BUT - as I feared, not a single one of my 200+ season passes or to do list recordings are remapped. Because those call names don't exist anymore. I'll have to manually recreate all of them. Not sure how I'm going to handle this since more than half of those shows aren't in the the guide right now since they are on hiatus or season breaks. Any suggestions for dealing with this?

MORE TROUBLESOME - now that HD and SD are sharing channels, I'm seeing everything in SD instead of HD (i.e. channels 1-99). I haven't checked my Premium channels yet to see if those are also defaulting to SD, but all the major networks and basic cable channels were all SD this morning. What can I do about that?
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:43 AM   #4
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
Ok, I found the higher tier HD versions of the major networks and basic cable channels. For example, CBS is in SD if I use Channel 2, but if I use channel 1209, I get CBS in HD; FX is in SD if I use channel 10, but in HD if I use channel 108. So since I'd already re-run guided setup, I just went into the channel list and unchecked pretty much all of channels 1-99 and left the higher numbers in place. Time Warner has the correct lineup listed on their website - BUT, it's trapped inside a frame that I can't print and isn't easily sortable in a way to makes sense for my purposes and the link they give to download the PDF version is still the old version. This is a real pain because the paper copy they mailed us of the new guide is in like 4pt type, making it hard for my aging eyes to read and it's not searchable, obviously, so it's hard to see what networks have multiple channel options. But I'm figuring it out, slowly but surely.

Since none of my scheduled recordings updated (and I called TiVo to confirm that they won't, since the channel names are actually different), I'm changing them all manually. Slow process, but since it's summer and most of the stuff we care about isn't airing in the next few weeks, I am just referring to a dozen pages of my To Do list that I printed from tivo.com yesterday to see what I need to fix right away. The process isn't as tedious as it could be, but it's still annoying. Easiest way I have found is to go to Season Pass Manager > click on the show > click on Upcoming >select an upcoming on the correct new channel and add the new SP.

Actually, I just noticed an even easier way that does require printing out your To Do list (for the Roamio at least, I don't have any of my other TiVos connected at the moment).
Go to To Do list > hit the "C" button on your TiVo remote until you get to "show all", select a show that has the wrong channel, then select Season Pass Options > Get Another Season Pass. Once you add the SP with the correct channel, you can delete the old SP that had the old channel. This will screw up the SP Priorities, but with the Roamio's 6 tuners, conflicts are few and far between for us so I'm not too worried about it. When we had only 2 tuners, and even 4 tuners, conflicts were a regular occurrence so the S priorities were important to manage.

Now the only issue is dealing with the SPs for shows that don't currently appear in the guide at all. My only options are to set a monthly reminder in my calendar to periodically check to see if those are in the guide yet OR set up Wishlist for all of them, by name, and set to auto-record. That's a lot of manual entry (easier for me to do from the iPad app actually), but at least once they do start showing up in the guide over the next year, I can easily add the SPs back for them.

All in all, it's not quite as much of a nightmare as I'd expected, but I am pretty furious with TWC because I find it hard to believe that there was no way to effectively "alias" the old channel call names to the new channel map. If SHOHD and HBOHD and are now just SHO and HBO, why not set a flag that just remaps them? It seems like a deliberate slap in the face to cable card users that don't use TWC-leased boxes.
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 01:11 PM   #5
JSY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 135
I got the change this morning and I'm in Queens. Well, everything 99 and below is just about the same (as expected) - but some channels don't map to the HD versions. For example, all the networks and NY1 do, etc. - but then something like MSG does not.

Well, everything 100 and above? I didn't get any notification of changed channels or even new channels. All of the channels are blank or are wrong (because obviously TiVo thinks it's one channel but TWCNYC is delivering something else on that channel). Of course that means the guide is wrong.

I decided to directly tune into one of the remapped channels that I knew (1478 - used to be 532) and it came up. So, I went to the channel list set up and noticed that a lot of these new channels in the thousands are listed. I add a few to my list and of course there is no guide data, but the channels are there. I'm guessing maybe it's getting this data from the Tuning Adapter? I'm wondering why TiVo didn't have a message telling me there were new channels added.

Anyway, before I left for work this morning - I just figured it was all a big mess and I am PRAYING that the guide and everything is sorted out soon.. like even by the time I get home. I was absolutely clueless as to what channel was where and what was on. I don't want to have to carry that PDF channel line up file with my remote control until it gets sorted out.

Considering this is a nationwide thing that is happening with TWCNYC throughout the year - these are the times I wish there was better cooperation between the cable company and TiVo. Cable company has little interest in doing so, so TiVo should step it up with them. I checked TWC's Cisco STB and the channels were all mapped properly with guide data there.



Anyway - just hoping everything is at least a little better by the time I get home from work.
JSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 05:29 PM   #6
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
Anyway - just hoping everything is at least a little better by the time I get home from work.
I don't think there's any way to avoid re-running Guided Setup. Just go to TiVo Central -> Messages and Settings -> Settings -> Channels -> Channel List -> Press Enter and from there you can run guided setup. That will get all your channels and guide data setup properly. It takes 2-6 hours before your To Do list will repopulate for any channels that are remapped (those that have the exact same name as before, which probably isn't many unless you were recording things on non-HD channels before). For those season passes or other recordings that get left behind (they'll show as "none currently in guide" in your To Do list, even though you know they are currently airing, you'll have to add new season passes, per above. Those that are on hiatus/between seasons - you'll have to remind yourself before the new season starts to recreate the SP or setup a wish list for it.
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 08:55 PM   #7
JSY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsamurai View Post
I don't think there's any way to avoid re-running Guided Setup. Just go to TiVo Central -> Messages and Settings -> Settings -> Channels -> Channel List -> Press Enter and from there you can run guided setup. That will get all your channels and guide data setup properly. It takes 2-6 hours before your To Do list will repopulate for any channels that are remapped (those that have the exact same name as before, which probably isn't many unless you were recording things on non-HD channels before). For those season passes or other recordings that get left behind (they'll show as "none currently in guide" in your To Do list, even though you know they are currently airing, you'll have to add new season passes, per above. Those that are on hiatus/between seasons - you'll have to remind yourself before the new season starts to recreate the SP or setup a wish list for it.
Thanks, I did exactly that and it seems that I got the channels mapped properly now. It took me over an hour just to fix my channel list and like you said, the SPs are kind of messed up if the name of the channel changed.

BUT, I did notice some problems. TiVo has the wrong data for a few of the international channels. Namely, channel 1450 (wrong guide data - incorrectly identified as The Family Channel), channel 1478 (wrong guide data - incorrectly identified as MKTV), channel 1475 (wrong guide data).

Do you or anyone remembers the page where I can report these errors? I know they are real errors as I verify that the correct data is on the TWCNYC STB.

Thanks for the info about redoing the guide setup!
JSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:09 PM   #8
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
Here's the lineup issue report form: http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html
BUT - the channels you mention appear to be correct. I'm looking at the printed guide TW mailed us and 1450 is The Filipino Channel, 1478 is Media Korea, and 1475 is KBS World Is that not what you're seeing?
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:49 PM   #9
JSY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by macsamurai View Post
Here's the lineup issue report form: http://www.tivo.com/lineup.html
BUT - the channels you mention appear to be correct. I'm looking at the printed guide TW mailed us and 1450 is The Filipino Channel, 1478 is Media Korea, and 1475 is KBS World Is that not what you're seeing?
The printed guide is right and wrong! LMAO

1450 is The Filipino Channel, but the TiVo program guide data (which identifies the channel as TFC) is giving guide data for The Family Channel. You can see The Family Channel guide here http://www.locatetv.com/listings/family-channel and it's identical to it. The TWCNYC STB I also have is showing the right data for The Filipino Channel

1478 is not Media Korea (MKTV) anymore. TWCNYC changed it to MBC-D back in March and TiVo picked up on that change back then when it was Channel 532 - but now that the channel lineup has been revamped, they have reverted back to guide data for MKTV for 1478. TWCNYC STB has the right identification and guide data for MBC-D. TiVo now identifies this channel as MKTV with MKTV guide data - but the channel itself is MBC-D. Shame on TWCNYC for not updating that printed guide to show MBC-D.

1475 is KBS World, but KBS World has different programming schedules for different regions. TiVo is picking up the KBS World programming schedule for Time Warner Southern California when they should be picking up the schedule for Time Warner New York/New Jersey. KBS World (America) has the schedules on their site and I compared them. http://kbs-america.com/index.php?rou...dcast/schedule

The last one, KBS World is an interesting one.. because even Time Warner NYC doesn't get it right - on their STB they don't have neither the NY/NJ or Southern Calif. one - I haven't figured out where they are picking their data from but it's wrong - but a different wrong from what TiVo has. LOL! I sent a note to TWCNYC too.

I also have access to DirecTV and they are the only ones who got their schedule right for KBS World. They have it linked to the proper DirecTV schedule.

It's just annoying because I can't really record or set any SPs on 1475 and 1478 because the guides are wrong. I hate doing manual recordings because it's identified wrong in the My Shows. I don't watch 1450, but I noticed that had guide data problems as well while I was looking these up.

AHH! I wrote so much, I wish I could just direct TiVo to read this post. HAHAHA!

Last edited by JSY : 06-05-2014 at 09:55 PM. Reason: Added the DirecTV info.
JSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 10:18 PM   #10
dsrnyc
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 4
Hey macsamurai, I followed you here from the other thread as you suggested, and just wanted to say thank you! I followed your advise and re-ran the Guided Setup and (knock wood) it was painless and everything seems right in the world.

(On a related note, doesn't it feel so "old school" so actually press 5 when you want channel 5? I don't know what these channels are anymore without a 7 in front.)
dsrnyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:09 AM   #11
eduboys
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 4
Has the Tivo Guide on their website not updated? I still see episodes on the 700 channels... I'm guessing I have to update all my season passes manually on the tivo?
eduboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:23 AM   #12
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsrnyc View Post
Hey macsamurai, I followed you here from the other thread as you suggested, and just wanted to say thank you! I followed your advise and re-ran the Guided Setup and (knock wood) it was painless and everything seems right in the world.

(On a related note, doesn't it feel so "old school" so actually press 5 when you want channel 5? I don't know what these channels are anymore without a 7 in front.)
You're welcome! I'm glad it worked out for you! I'm still not pressing 5 for channel 5, though, since I'm only getting SD on 1-99. If I want channel 5 (WNYW aka FOX network), I've got to go to channel 1206. At least before the 1-99 channels mostly translated to the same end-digits in the 700's! So 2,3,4,5,7, etc were 702, 703, 704, 705, 707, etc.

So it's weird for me. For 40 years I've known the major networks in NY in a certain way. 2=CBS, 3=TNT, 4=NBS, 5=Fox, 7=ABC, 9=WOR, 11=PIX (or the 700's equiv of those) -- it still freaks me out when I travel and have to figure out new channel mappings in every city's hotel room! Now I'm freaked out in my own home I'll admit it's rare now that I manually change the channel with TiVo. I just bring up the guide and select what I want, ignoring the channel #'s. The way things are shuffled around now, though, with the tiers all with different themes, it feels a bit strange and probably will for quite some time. I've unchecked most of the channels in Settings so that I'm only scrolling through about 60 channels in the guide, at least.
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:25 AM   #13
macsamurai
TiVoSamurai Too!
 
macsamurai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Brooklyn Heights, NYC
Posts: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by eduboys View Post
Has the Tivo Guide on their website not updated? I still see episodes on the 700 channels... I'm guessing I have to update all my season passes manually on the tivo?
The TiVo guide on their website is updated:
https://www.tivo.com/tivo-tco/tvlistings.do

You could add your season passes from there, although I personally find the website to be painfully slow. I found it much quicker to just use the TiVo remote. Or even the iOS app is pretty quick. For mass-deleting the old, incorrect SP's, I do find it easier on the website since I can just click the check boxes and delete dozens at a time.
__________________
Laurie aka MacSamurai
macsamurai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 02:02 PM   #14
cwoody222
Registered User
 
cwoody222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 10,965
This has been discussed over in the main TWC thread. This change has happened in other places over the past few months.

http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb...16313&page=200
__________________
--Chris
cwoody222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:17 PM   #15
JSY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 135
I received a canned response apparently from TiVo. It feels like I wasted my time typing all that out and not sure why it requires me to call them. Could they at least not verify what I wrote? Sigh.

Thank you for contacting TiVo’s Channel Lineup Department. We have assigned incident number XXXX to your TiVo issue. Please contact our Technical Support Team at the number below, and one of our qualified agents will be happy to assist you. Thank you!
If you have any questions, comments or concerns, please contact TiVo Customer Support at 877-367-8486 and refer to your incident number.
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday, 7AM Pacific Time to 7 PM Pacific Time
Saturday - Sunday, 8AM Pacific Time to 6 PM Pacific Time
Thank you for your patience and understanding. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. Thanks for choosing TiVo!
JSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 03:52 PM   #16
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
I went through all of this yesterday (I'm in Brooklyn). I did the guided setup again, reprogrammed all of my SPs (except the ones where I had to do WishLists), and thought all was well. However, The Daily Show and Colbert recorded in SD last night. Other shows on other channels appear to have recorded in HD. I can't tell at the moment if Comedy Central is broadcasting in HD, since an old cartoon is on and I don't really know what it should look like. Did anyone else experience this? I just got off of the phone with Time Warner Signature and they were no help, at least I don't think they were. The person told me that according to his info it will take 48-72 hours for TiVo boxes to reset to the new system, but I'm pretty sure he was confusing my issue with a channel lineup issue.
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 04:29 PM   #17
JSY
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Posts: 135
Quote:
Originally Posted by SelfishMom View Post
I went through all of this yesterday (I'm in Brooklyn). I did the guided setup again, reprogrammed all of my SPs (except the ones where I had to do WishLists), and thought all was well. However, The Daily Show and Colbert recorded in SD last night. Other shows on other channels appear to have recorded in HD. I can't tell at the moment if Comedy Central is broadcasting in HD, since an old cartoon is on and I don't really know what it should look like. Did anyone else experience this? I just got off of the phone with Time Warner Signature and they were no help, at least I don't think they were. The person told me that according to his info it will take 48-72 hours for TiVo boxes to reset to the new system, but I'm pretty sure he was confusing my issue with a channel lineup issue.
If your SP is recording off channel 45 then it's in SD. That is one of the channels (at least on my TiVo) that it does not auto tune to the HD version. Channel 45 is in SD. What you need is to record off of channel 113 - that is the HD version of Comedy Central. Annoying, right? I tried to remove all the SD version of the channels that had HD counterparts and Channel 45 was one of them.

Hope this helps!
JSY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 05:51 PM   #18
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSY View Post
If your SP is recording off channel 45 then it's in SD. That is one of the channels (at least on my TiVo) that it does not auto tune to the HD version. Channel 45 is in SD. What you need is to record off of channel 113 - that is the HD version of Comedy Central. Annoying, right? I tried to remove all the SD version of the channels that had HD counterparts and Channel 45 was one of them.

Hope this helps!
VERY helpful, thank you. But basically the OPPOSITE of what is on the Time Warner site and what they told me on the phone. Is there any place that lists which channels this affects? I just looked at the lineup and sure enough, Comedy Central is listed twice, but neither says "HD" or "SD." Do I just have to search for duplicates on the list and figure it out myself? Or has someone done the work for me? (If I do it I'll post it for everyone.)
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:14 PM   #19
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
Time Warner just answered my twitter rant. I sent them to this thread. Curious what they'll say.
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 06:17 PM   #20
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
Here's what @TWC_Help had to say: "In most markets all channels are now broadcasting in HD. The TiVo with cable cards work a bit different. We have a direct number you can also reach for Cable Card devices 1-866-532-2598. ^CD"
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:11 PM   #21
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
HD/SD Channels

OK, so here are the channels that I've noticed (in Brooklyn/Queens anyway) are duplicates where the lower number is SD and the higher number is HD:

6/258 (Nick)
27/318 (MSG)
35/112 (Tru TV)
36/116 (Spike)
45/113 (Comedy Central)
61/264 (Cartoon Network)
65/129 (National Geographic)
80/630 (LMN)
81/627 (IFC)
85/121 (TV Land)
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 10:38 PM   #22
WO312
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Wilmington, NC
Posts: 1,201
Strange that you guys are having these issues. I went through the change in March and all channels, including <100, are HD. With Tivo , cablecards, and Tuning Adapters. No intervention required on my part, other than changing SP's.

On one hand it's nice, but on another hand it's annoying. Sometimes I liked to catch a show in SD so it wouldn't take up as much room on my hard drive. Now I don't have a choice.
WO312 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 11:30 AM   #23
Ljp2014
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Posts: 1
For those of you only getting sd on channels that are now supposed to be hd, do you have tuning adapters? I do not have one, didn't even know I was supposed to with a cable card. When they installed the card the guy had no idea what to do-he gave it to me and I basically did a self install, and he never gave me the tuning adapter. They came today supposedly to give me one but they didn't give one to the tech, so he is supposedly getting one now and returning. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm really unhappy with time warner-I just switched back to them because I had no choice when I moved. I was a happy fios customer for the last several years. I've had time warner here to fix stuff more in 2 months than fios was out the whole 5 years I had them.
Ljp2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:09 PM   #24
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ljp2014 View Post
For those of you only getting sd on channels that are now supposed to be hd, do you have tuning adapters? I do not have one, didn't even know I was supposed to with a cable card. When they installed the card the guy had no idea what to do-he gave it to me and I basically did a self install, and he never gave me the tuning adapter. They came today supposedly to give me one but they didn't give one to the tech, so he is supposedly getting one now and returning. I'm not holding my breath.

I'm really unhappy with time warner-I just switched back to them because I had no choice when I moved. I was a happy fios customer for the last several years. I've had time warner here to fix stuff more in 2 months than fios was out the whole 5 years I had them.
That's so weird. Both times when I took a cable box/DVR in to the Time Warner office to get a cable card, I told them it was for a TiVo and they just automatically gave me the box with it. And when I had trouble getting everything to work together and called them they were actually helpful.
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 07:38 PM   #25
59er
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 292
Yeah, I generally like TWC. I've had the occasional fight with them, of course, but overall I have been mostly pleased.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 02:40 PM   #26
Camaro45th
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 23
I live in queens and had the same thing over here. I only had like 25 SPs. I just wrote down all the shows and felted them all and researched and fixed the channels on them. My question, is how do we get Tivo to change the HD channels from the ol' 700s to the stands 2-4-5, etc.
Camaro45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 04:06 PM   #27
SelfishMom
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro45th View Post
I live in queens and had the same thing over here. I only had like 25 SPs. I just wrote down all the shows and felted them all and researched and fixed the channels on them. My question, is how do we get Tivo to change the HD channels from the ol' 700s to the stands 2-4-5, etc.
Supposedly if you wait 48-72 hours it will update itself, but that may be a myth. If you re-run the guided setup (I think it's in Settings-Help) it will correct itself. Mostly.
SelfishMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:20 PM   #28
WatchesTV
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3
Arrow Odd problem with lineup change

I have service with two TiVos (Roamio Pro & original TiVo HD) both with MCards & Tuning Adapters on TWC Brooklyn. I haven't checked the TiVo HD yet, but my (almost brand new) Roamio has the new lineup in its memory, so the channel numbers have all changed.

However, the channels themselves haven't changed! If I want HBO, I still go to 651. If I want WPIX, I go to 711. WNBC, 704. And so forth.

So, nothing's working and nothing's recording.

Any idea what to do about this? Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!
WatchesTV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 09:23 PM   #29
Camaro45th
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchesTV View Post
I have service with two TiVos (Roamio Pro & original TiVo HD) both with MCards & Tuning Adapters on TWC Brooklyn. I haven't checked the TiVo HD yet, but my (almost brand new) Roamio has the new lineup in its memory, so the channel numbers have all changed.

However, the channels themselves haven't changed! If I want HBO, I still go to 651. If I want WPIX, I go to 711. WNBC, 704. And so forth.

So, nothing's working and nothing's recording.

Any idea what to do about this? Anyone seen anything like this?

Thanks!

See if I would go to say 705, it comes up with a TiVo message saying channel unauthorized. I had forgotten about the channel change. So I rebooted my boxes and same thing. So I wound up just trying low def. it came up on 5. Then I have no idea what happened but then it popped up in HD on he same channel.
Camaro45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #30
59er
TiVotee
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: New York, NY
Posts: 292
Manhattan changes went well for me.
59er is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:38 AM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |