TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Now Playing - TV Show Talk
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #1
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

The Good Wife (OAD 12/1/13) "The Decision Tree" (Spoilers)

Wonderful, wonderful episode. One of the best 100th episodes of any series, ever.

Eli Gold's spit-take at the very end of the episode is an instant TV classic. Perfectly timed, perfectly edited.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:33 PM   #2
type_g

Eli was must i say it "GOLD" throughout this episode. Trying to get Peter to cancel, it works, then, to much avail, they end up going anyways, then he is happy they avoid more Bishop talk, then the GOLD at the end of the SPIT take just genius writing.
Old 12-02-2013, 03:18 PM   #3
ADG
Allan

The show just keeps getting better.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
ADG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:04 PM   #4
JYoung
Series 3

I had to rewind that spit take a couple of times because Alan Cumming did that scene so well.

Am I imagining it or did they imply that Eli was gay when the character was first introduced?
I seem to remember Eli bringing a male companion to dinner which doubly offended Jackie.

I also liked the scene with Will working out his questions for Alicia.

He's really hurt by her actions.

"I aim to misbehave"
JYoung is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 06:36 AM   #5
Cainebj

Didn't we have an entire story arc where Jackie was going senile and that was why she needed a nurse companion to watch over her? Did they just abandon that entire history? Cos' she sure doesn't seem senile now.
Cainebj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:46 AM   #6
billypritchard
Embiggener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
Didn't we have an entire story arc where Jackie was going senile and that was why she needed a nurse companion to watch over her? Did they just abandon that entire history? Cos' she sure doesn't seem senile now.
While I love the show, we have to admit it does quite the job of dropping storylines it doesn't like with nary a by your leave.

Remember how the firm was about bankrupt and then 'boom' suddenly it was ultra successful again? Remember Kalinda's husband? And so on.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:47 AM   #7
billypritchard
Embiggener

I loved this episode for finally fleshing out just how hurt and why Will is in relation to Alicia leaving the firm. We've seen him acting out, but never really feeling the pain.
Old 12-03-2013, 09:07 AM   #8
loubob57
Cancer sucks!

TC CLUB MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
While I love the show, we have to admit it does quite the job of dropping storylines it doesn't like with nary a by your leave.

Remember how the firm was about bankrupt and then 'boom' suddenly it was ultra successful again? Remember Kalinda's husband? And so on.
I got the impression that she killed him and no body will ever be found. They only implied that though.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:44 PM   #9
JYoung
Series 3

The less said about Kalinda's husband, the better.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 12-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #10
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

I loved this episode.But I was with family members who had never seen the show, and I kept having to tell them this wasn't a normal flow of an episode. They like all the actors in it,but thought it was hard to follow.it would be if this was your first episode.told them to get dvds they won't be sorry
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:00 PM   #11
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cainebj View Post
IIRC, Jackie had a stroke and needed extended care and rehab therapy, hence the need for a nurse.

I guess she got better.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 12-04-2013, 07:41 AM   #12
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Great episode and I'm really enjoying the bit of reset they've done. Eli's character, to me is one of the best on TV and why Alan Cumming doesn't win an Emmy is beyond me (I guess it's because this show is on network TV, thus inferior ). The story lines are so well done and interweave perfectly.

I'm liking the Jason O'Mara character. I'm not quite sure what to make of him yet. I'm guessing he's going to be VERY tough to reign in. Question about O'Mara. I've seen him in a few series (Life on Mars, Las Vegas) and he has an American accent (whatever that is), but in TGW he's accent in Irish. I noticed that he's from Dublin. So which is his normal accent?

One pet peeve. That chase scene was so obviously done in NY. But maybe I'm just too familiar with NY to be fooled by it.
Old 12-04-2013, 10:29 AM   #13
ClutchBrake
Pass the gravy!

I got out of the habit of watching this show because I hated her children as characters and actors. I wanted to turn it off every time they were featured. I still catch a lot of episodes in the background because my wife loves it. I caught this episode beginning to end. Holy cow! What a phenomenal episode of television! The Eli spit-take at the end was indeed beyond epic and perfectly executed.

Bachelorhood: Life, liberty, and the happiness of pursuit.

Xbox Live: ClutchBrake
ClutchBrake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 12:56 PM   #14
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
The less said about Kalinda's husband, the better.
YES!! I love this show and always look forward to it, but I HATED the story line about Kalinda's husband.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post
. . .
I'm liking the Jason O'Mara character. I'm not quite sure what to make of him yet.
. . .
I don't know! I have mixed feeling about him. First off I hate people like that but I guess I have to give credit to O'Mara as he's portraying him well enough for me to hate him!! One scene that really bothered me was when he went to Florrick/Agos offices and took their furniture. What nerve!!!! Of course the secretary was very stupid to let him just come in and do it without any paperwork or word from the partners.

But overall I rank it as the best drama on network TV!!

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 01:44 PM   #15
TAsunder
Debates Ghee vs Gi

I really liked this episode. My wife didn't like it quite as much. I had to remind her and another friend who watched it with us about the previous John Noble story being told in a similar manner.
TAsunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:22 PM   #16
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by billypritchard View Post
Remember Kalinda's husband? And so on.
Dropping that was a precious gift they gave each and every one of their viewers.

I loved watching Will struggle through his conflicting feelings for Alicia. Wow.
Robin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 02:36 PM   #17
type_g

As much as i like Kalinda, all the personal story lines they have come up with her have been forgettable wish they never even done it.

The one with her husband was horrible, the one where she had a grudge with the other investigator forget the actors name, was just as bad.

Kalinda is better off shown when doing investigative work, no personal stuff.

I have a feeling it is going to be personal again with the lady cop/detective and the new partner.
Old 12-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #18
scooterboy
Wookin' Pa Nub

Quite the opposite for me. I like seeing Kalinda's personal struggles. I think she's a fascinating character. I like her ambiguity.

I didn't even mind the "husband" storyline. Sure he was a scumbag, but he was supposed to be.

Every time I'm drying off from a shower I think of my childhood buddy's father. - mcthumber
scooterboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:15 PM   #19
Robin
w/ extra mean sauce

I like all of her storylines except the husband.
Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #20
janry

Did I miss something in a previous episode of this season? Whatever happened to the case of the $10,000 bribe for the adoption of the child that was part native American? The last I remember, one of the new firm's partners sold Alicia out and seemed she was going to be liable for the $6M suit. But, seems the story just got dropped or I fell asleep when they resolved it.
janry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #21
Graymalkin
Style and Panache

The lesbian cop was played by Jordana Spiro, who previously was a Chicago sportswriter on "My Boys" and then a surgeon who owed favors to the Chicago Mob in "The Mob Doctor."

Jordana apparently won't leave Chicago in any of her roles.
Graymalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 06:53 PM   #22
JYoung
Series 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steveknj View Post

One pet peeve. That chase scene was so obviously done in NY. But maybe I'm just too familiar with NY to be fooled by it.

So?

They shoot the show in New York City.
I really don't know what you want them to do about it.

"I aim to misbehave"
Old 12-04-2013, 09:07 PM   #23
Beryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin View Post
I like all of her storylines except the husband.
Me too. The husband story was so out of place.

I like every other storyline -- including those involving the Florrick children.
Old 12-05-2013, 07:27 AM   #24
Steveknj
Lost in New Joisey

Quote:
Originally Posted by JYoung View Post
So?

They shoot the show in New York City.
I really don't know what you want them to do about it.
How about not make it so obviously NY. There was one part of the chase where you could actually see across the river at buildings that were in Manhattan that I recognized.

There was another scene a couple of years ago where they plainly showed both a NYC subway train and the sign for a train station. They can do a better job of disguising that. It's not hard.

That said, it doesn't really affect my enjoyment of the show.
Old 12-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #25
Gerryex

Quote:
Originally Posted by janry View Post
Did I miss something in a previous episode of this season? Whatever happened to the case of the $10,000 bribe for the adoption of the child that was part native American? The last I remember, one of the new firm's partners sold Alicia out and seemed she was going to be liable for the $6M suit. But, seems the story just got dropped or I fell asleep when they resolved it.
Yes, I agree that they seemed to just drop this story line. Or did I also fall asleep? Does anyone remember any resolution to this?

Gerry
Gerryex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 06:00 PM   #26
Marc
Now Legally Married

TC CLUB MEMBER
I just rewatched the end of that episode (episode 7) to see whether I had missed something as well, and after Anthony defected from Florrick-Argos by saying during his deposition that it was under Alicia's direction that the bribe be given, David Lee made an off-hand comment to Alicia about her needing to pull together the $6 million liability from the suit, and that was the end of that story line in that episode.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2013, 11:27 AM   #27
Agatha Mystery

To be fair, it's a deposition, not a trial. The trial may be a long ways off.
Agatha Mystery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #28
TIVO_GUY_HERE
I miss the ocean

Flipping channels, and I see Hallmark Channel is showing "The Good Wife" Fun watching the pilot episode again. Funny they are showing 4 episode a night.
But tonight is episodes 1,3.4.5 Don't know why they skipped episode 2.

edit: Just looked, the 2nd episode was all about the strippers and hookers her husband slept with. Guess too much for Hallmark.
TIVO_GUY_HERE is offline   Reply With Quote