TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #1
tomhorsley

Rename a DVR

After moving my old Premier and getting it working in a new room, I decided to give it a more sensible name. I've gotten the new name to show up everywhere except directly under "my shows" on the Roamio. The top level entry for the remote DVR still shows the old name. Any way to prod it into showing the new name (short of rerunning guided setup from scratch)?
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:53 AM   #2
eric102

Just did it recently on a Roamio. First I went into the network settings and connected to the Tivo service. When that was finished I went into the help menu and restarted the Roamio, you shouldn't have to do a guided setup. I'm not sure if both actions are necessary but it worked for me.
eric102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM   #3
tomhorsley

Looks like the reboot did it. Checking the network setting I saw it had phoned home just recently all by itself, so I just did the reboot, and now the new name does indeed appear. Thanks.
tomhorsley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:04 PM   #4
mrizzo80

Using the HDUI reset code may work for this; haven't ever tried it for this though.
mrizzo80 is offline   Reply With Quote