TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 PM   #1
herefishy

Questions on the HR10-250

There is 1100+ hours gone by since the last call-in. When I try, it runs for a few minutes and then gets a message of call interrupted. Is there anything I would accomplish with a call-in(I'm running 6.4a)?

There are 8 recorded programs and approximately 300 recently deleted programs. When I recorded a show without "keep until I delete" it deleted it 2 days later. Is this an indication that it has reached max as far as recording capability without deleting and making room for the next recording? Would I accomplish anything by deleting all the previous recorded programs? Is there a way to determine the approximate number of hours the unit is capable of recording?

TIA
Bob

Last edited by herefishy; 05-06-2015 at 05:44 PM. Reason: adding data
herefishy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 01:40 PM   #2
LI-SVT

Check you season passes to see how many the Tivo is set to keep. If the season pass is set to keep 2 then after it records a third the oldest is deleted. It would do this even if you have extra space.

LI-SVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2015, 04:01 PM   #3
stevel
Dumb Blond

TC CLUB MEMBER
There's no point in a call-in - you have the latest software and the call isn't required, other than to avoid the nag screen after 30 days or so. If you have 300 or shows under Recently Deleted, you are not out of space.

Old 05-16-2015, 10:05 PM   #4
unitron

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefishy View Post
There is 1100+ hours gone by since the last call-in. When I try, it runs for a few minutes and then gets a message of call interrupted. Is there anything I would accomplish with a call-in(I'm running 6.4a)?

There are 8 recorded programs and approximately 300 recently deleted programs. When I recorded a show without "keep until I delete" it deleted it 2 days later. Is this an indication that it has reached max as far as recording capability without deleting and making room for the next recording? Would I accomplish anything by deleting all the previous recorded programs? Is there a way to determine the approximate number of hours the unit is capable of recording?

TIA
Bob

I know next to nothing about DirecTiVos, but I suggest that you permanently delete anything in "Recently Deleted" that you're sure you're through with.

After entering "Recently Deleted" list, hold remote in palm of one hand, hit "clear" button with thumb of other hand and then hit "Select" button with thumb of hand holding the remote as soon as next screen pops up.

That's the fastest way to go through a bunch of them.

I've had Series 2 standalones that would leave everything in Recently Deleted alone and permanently delete stuff I'd recorded only the day before before I figured out it was a good idea to keep RD pruned.

"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote