TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 12-04-2013, 06:13 PM   #1
astrohip
Stuart F

How do I get full show info ("INFO" like the old days)

There was a time when you were looking at a show, and pressed INFO, that a screen came up with all the info that TiVo had on a show. Directors, writers, misc info, and especially the full cast. It even noted guest stars.

Now the screen that pops up is a miserable little display, that contains about 10% of what TiVo has on a show.

SO... is there a way to get more info? Or the old display? This is a Roamio, running HDUI

~~~deets~~~
I have a WL with a keyword "ASPEN". This VH1 show "Model Employee" is in the To-Do List, because it meets the criteria. I couldn't figure out why, but had a suspicion it was an actor named Aspen. The INFO screen is useless. It lists 3 or 4 names, and that's it. A Google search shows Aspen Brandy Lea is one of the stars, so now I know what to Boolean out. But really, isn't there a better way to do this? Why have we gone backwards on this?

Or am I missing something?

Thanks!
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 09:29 PM   #2
mattack

Info still works.. I definitely still see guest stars.. or maybe it only works on shows in Now Playing?

I don't have a Roamio, but I know it still works on the Premiere 4, which I think is *essentially* the same software.

I mean, maybe there used to be way more info (e.g. on a S1), but I definitely still see things like guest stars.

I *THINK* there have always been MORE details that Tivo hasn't shown you, like EVEN MORE guest stars.. I am not sure about that, this is totally a guess. At least nowadays it tells you which WL matches, which I think is useful!!!
mattack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 08:32 PM   #3
christheman

On a Series 4 Premiere, I get to the rest of the Info by hitting Info.

Then the message "Hit Select to Record" comes up. I go into that menu and then hit "Recording Options".

Then I hit Info again and get to the extra detail by scrolling down using the Channel button.

Not at all intuitive, and now that I have posted this Tivo will probably remove that bit of functionality in the next release.

P.S. I now see that you are running the HDUI. My steps are given for the SDUI, so your mileage may vary. There may be an easier way, but I at least figured this out for myself (accidentally) a while back.

Last edited by christheman : 12-05-2013 at 08:52 PM. Reason: added more steps
christheman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2013, 09:11 PM   #4
astrohip
Stuart F

Y'all are right. All the info is there. It turns out that one show had almost no info, and was missing almost all the cast info. I leaped to... well, you can see where I jumped.

I tried Info on several other shows, both recorded and To-Do. Info is there.

Signed
Humbled in Houston
astrohip is offline   Reply With Quote