TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 01-12-2014, 10:25 PM   #61
Xabanero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbelcher View Post
Ugh. V58 alone is driving me nuts and I'm too stubborn to reduce tuner count.

I've not seen these since the BHN TA FW update on 12/13/2013 (and running 20.3.7) :
  1. Black screen when changing channels
  2. Missed recordings due to no signal
  3. V52 / V53 signal errors
  4. Error where channel tunes, but then a unavailable popup after a few seconds
  5. Repeated "unavailable" errors when pressing SELECT to re-acquire
I'm sure 20.3.8 reduces the occurrences for some of these, but not sure about all the other bizarre stuff that was going on with the TA.

I've had my Roamio+ for about a month and had no issues until about a week ago when all my channels completely blacked out. Pulled plug and rebooted and *most* of my channels came back but I still have several that say something like "Channel not available. Contact cable provider."

It's driving me nuts and I'm missing recorded shows.

Xabanero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 AM   #62
Wiggum

Does anyone know the latest version for the NDS M-Card for cablevision?
Mine says NDS s/w 3.92.15 Oct 08, 2013 18:20:55
H/W model 0900 Ver 0010
OS ver Vguard 3.0.8_F.p.0601

Wiggum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 06:41 PM   #63
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

I am still getting V53 and V58 errors on Cox and I am losing recordings. I find it intolerable that the TiVo will just not record something and then never tell the user there was a problem.

At least once a week (sometimes much more often) I come home and turn on the TV, there is a "V53" error on whatever was being tuned "live". Sometimes I can press up chan then down chan and it will fix it. Other times I have to power cycle the stupid tuning adapter- which I CAN NOT DO if something is actually recording, because I will lose all recordings in progress.

Are other people still having these nightmares? Is there some kind of definitive guide to dealing with this? Today, I can't tune EpixHD at all, although I can tune most other channels, including SDV ones. I finally gave up and power cycled the tuning adapter and now I can tune EpixHD again. I am almost tempted to put some type of timer on the adapter's plug to power cycle it every night.

Old 01-07-2015, 11:32 AM   #64
pshivers
Retired!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
I am still getting V53 and V58 errors on Cox and I am losing recordings. I find it intolerable that the TiVo will just not record something and then never tell the user there was a problem.

At least once a week (sometimes much more often) I come home and turn on the TV, there is a "V53" error on whatever was being tuned "live". Sometimes I can press up chan then down chan and it will fix it. Other times I have to power cycle the stupid tuning adapter- which I CAN NOT DO if something is actually recording, because I will lose all recordings in progress.

Are other people still having these nightmares? Is there some kind of definitive guide to dealing with this? Today, I can't tune EpixHD at all, although I can tune most other channels, including SDV ones. I finally gave up and power cycled the tuning adapter and now I can tune EpixHD again. I am almost tempted to put some type of timer on the adapter's plug to power cycle it every night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
I am a Charter Cable Customer in Sunny Southern California (San Gabriel Valley) and am also running a Cisco CC at 1.5.2-Fp.2401 (I think all Charter Cisco cards are at this firmware release), Charter still uses a TA.

I set my Tivo Roamio Pro up for 5 tuners to correct the V58 errors about a month ago and have had zero tuning problems since that change.

It would be nice if Charter would come into the current decade and upgrade the firmware to the current release (1.5.3-Fp.1101??? ) and eliminate the TA altogether, as far as I know Charter is all digital now so I don't think there is a real need for the TA anymore.

I am adding a total of 4 Tivo Mini's to my system, but I have stopped at 2 right now. I will add the 3rd and 4th Mini when I am able to use all 6 tuners on the Roamio.

I am still very pleased with the Roamio Pro, it is a HUGE improvement over the Cisco DVR's that Charter offers even with only 5 usable tuners.

From another Post to change the number of active tuners on your Roamio:

Go to Settings > Channels > Channel List
and enter one of the following number sequences using the number buttons on the remote. This will tell Roamio the how many tuners it can use.
- 88633 = use 3 tuners
- 88634 = use 4 tuners
- 88635 = use 5 tuners
- 88636 = use 6 tuners
Then force a reboot of the tivo:
tivo >> settings >> help >> restart
The issue you are having has been resolved for many months now.

Check your Firmware release on your CableCard and make sure it is at 153.1101, I am assuming you have a Cisco or SA CableCard.

If the firmware is older than this you will need to follow the instructions above to reduce your Tivo to 4 or 5 tuners until your Cable Company can upgrade or replace the Cable Card to the required firmware release level.

Charter CableCard Firmware Updated to PKEY_1.5.3_F.p.1101 All 6 tuners are now Active and Working!
Tivo Roamio
Tivo Mini (x3)

pshivers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 05:59 PM   #65
crxssi
Veteran TiVo User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pshivers View Post
The issue you are having has been resolved for many months now [but only for...] I am assuming you have a Cisco or SA CableCard.
This is a Motorola cable card and Motorola tuning adapter on Cox.

Old 03-01-2015, 07:11 AM   #66
overFEDEXed

Now I have these errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by crxssi View Post
This is a Motorola cable card and Motorola tuning adapter on Cox.
I have the same Cox cable, Motorola cable cards and TA's, with the V53/V58 errors now.
I had them once in a while until recently, when I noticed it every few days.

Nothing has changed in my setup except that I was missing some channels and called Cox cable. They said that my Host ID info on both cable cards/Tivos was hosed. Anyway, they fixed it, I got my channels back and now I get the errors. I even missed some recordings last night. I takes a reboot to clear it most of the time.

I should have left well enough alone, or did Cox do something with the cable cards?

overFEDEXed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 12:05 PM   #67
tds4182

V53 and V58 Errors

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey ghost View Post
Harper, I've got a Plus and was constantly getting v58 errors. I'm running a Comcast Cisco cablecard with 1.5.2 Fp1401 firmware. A week and a half ago, I downgraded to 5 tuners and have not experienced any problems since then. I hope this continues.

I'm still harassing Comcast about the firmware upgrade so that I can use all 6 tuners, but at least right now, I'm able to use my Tivo consistently and I'm not holding my breath every time I switch channels.
Grey Ghost, what is your signal strength? If it's ~100%, step it down to the upper 80s-low 90s with an attenuator (splitter) and activate the 6th tuner and see if you still get the V58 error message.

This solution worked for me on a Suddenlink M card and a Tivo Plus.

tds4182 is offline   Reply With Quote