TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > Main TiVo Forums > TiVo Roamio DVRs
TiVo Community
Forum Jump

Old 11-25-2013, 11:20 AM   #1
Lrscpa

Netflix/component/1080p issue

I noticed something iwith regard to Netflix and 1080p, which may have been a result of the recent software update last week. I use two outputs from the TiVo – HDMI direct to the TV set (2008 vintage Sharp LCD), and component out to my AV Receiver (Pioneer VSX-03THX), then HDMI from the receiver to the TV. I have the resolution set on the TiVo to 1080i, 1080p, and when I watch 1080p Netflix content directly via HDMI from the TiVo to the TV, the resolution starts at 1080i, then after about 15 seconds switches on the TV to 1080p. However when I watch through the receiver (component out to receiver then HDMI from receiver to TV, at the point where the resolution switches from 1080i to 1080p, the TV goes black and doesn’t recover.

I know the 1080p is working properly from the TiVo to the TV, I’m wondering if there could be a limitation on the component output or another setting somewhere that I am missing.

Roamio Pro (Stock) w/Lifetime <Stewie>
TiVo Mini w/Lifetime <Brian>
TiVo Premiere Elite (Stock) w/Lifetime-Sold
TiVo HD w/1TB WD10000CSRTL w/Lifetime-Sold
No More Tuning Adapters!
MoCA
Lrscpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 11:27 AM   #2
moyekj

Some devices don't support 1080p over component. I know for example my Slingbox 350 doesn't like 1080p component input even though my TV accepts it without a problem.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
moyekj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #3
tim1724

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lrscpa View Post
I noticed something iwith regard to Netflix and 1080p, which may have been a result of the recent software update last week. I use two outputs from the TiVo – HDMI direct to the TV set (2008 vintage Sharp LCD), and component out to my AV Receiver (Pioneer VSX-03THX), then HDMI from the receiver to the TV. I have the resolution set on the TiVo to 1080i, 1080p, and when I watch 1080p Netflix content directly via HDMI from the TiVo to the TV, the resolution starts at 1080i, then after about 15 seconds switches on the TV to 1080p. However when I watch through the receiver (component out to receiver then HDMI from receiver to TV, at the point where the resolution switches from 1080i to 1080p, the TV goes black and doesn’t recover.
Do you have 1080p24 enabled? Try disabling that. Perhaps your TV doesn't support it. I think Netflix is pretty much the only place you're likely to run into that format currently on the TiVo.
tim1724 is offline   Reply With Quote