TiVo Community
TiVo Community
TiVo Community
Go Back   TiVo Community > TiVo TV Talk > Season Pass Alerts
TiVo Community
Reply
Forum Jump
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 04:40 PM   #1
Lenonn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 252
Exclamation PBS Newshour Weekend

I've been recording PBS NewsHour Weekend and have been using a Season Pass (the show is half an hour on Saturdays and half an hour on Sundays). I've noticed that it hasn't been recording the Sunday episode. The listings show that the Sunday episode is a rerun of the Saturday episode, despite the fact Sunday is a different episode.

For anyone recording the show, you may need to check your listings and account for this. I have no idea if it is a national problem or just with our local PBS station (WETA out of Arlington, Virginia).
Lenonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:59 AM   #2
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenonn View Post
I've been recording PBS NewsHour Weekend and have been using a Season Pass (the show is half an hour on Saturdays and half an hour on Sundays). I've noticed that it hasn't been recording the Sunday episode. The listings show that the Sunday episode is a rerun of the Saturday episode, despite the fact Sunday is a different episode.

For anyone recording the show, you may need to check your listings and account for this. I have no idea if it is a national problem or just with our local PBS station (WETA out of Arlington, Virginia).
Do they use the exact same title for both days' shows?

'Cause whenever "ABC Evening News, with x" changes x, the TiVo thinks it's an entirely different show.
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Lenonn
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2004
Posts: 252
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by unitron View Post
Do they use the exact same title for both days' shows?

'Cause whenever "ABC Evening News, with x" changes x, the TiVo thinks it's an entirely different show.
Nope, PBS Newshour Weekend uses the same same title for both days. Looking at the episode guide (for this weekend's episodes), both have the same episode data, except for the fact that the Sunday episode has the (R) added to it indicating a rerun. Except it isn't a rerun.
Lenonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2013, 05:10 PM   #4
unitron
Registered User
 
unitron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: semi-coastal NC
Posts: 13,482
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lenonn View Post
Nope, PBS Newshour Weekend uses the same same title for both days. Looking at the episode guide (for this weekend's episodes), both have the same episode data, except for the fact that the Sunday episode has the (R) added to it indicating a rerun. Except it isn't a rerun.
Change the season pass to tell it to record all Newshour Weekend episodes, including re-runs.

Since they don't re-run, you won't get any space used on duplicates.
__________________
(thisismysigfile)


"I am altering the deal. Pray I don't alter it any further."

Darth TiVo, 14 February, 2011
unitron is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Forum Jump




Thread Tools


Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Advertisements

TiVo Community
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vBulletin Skins by: Relivo Media

(C) 2013 Magenium Solutions - All Rights Reserved. No information may be posted elsewhere without written permission.
TiVoŽ is a registered trademark of TiVo Inc. This site is not owned or operated by TiVo Inc.
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:52 PM.
OUR NETWORK: MyOpenRouter | TechLore | SansaCommunity | RoboCommunity | MediaSmart Home | Explore3DTV | Dijit Community | DVR Playground |